Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m sorry to say I lost a good friend today.My Commander frame broke after shooting around 184,000 bullets in 16 years.I carried it for 12.Now I will be putting my top end on a Caspian Commander frame.Anyone out there ever got the life out of your gun that I did with my Commander?

·
Registered
46 Posts
.38 Super Combat Commander. Dear Sir. I am shocked and saddened by the sudden passing of your good friend. Was it not just a few days ago the it had developed a slight cough and now this. I am truly sorry for your loss. I must say 184K is not bad and I would offer it served its intended purpose and never let you down. In no way could you have asked more nor done more. The honor is in being there ready willing and able. You did your part it did its'. As you say get the Caspian and keep on thumping. My regrets Calthrop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: calthrop on 2001-06-08 19:08 ]</font>

614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Calthrop,I took out the Caspian for a test run this eveing.It shoots just like the Colt did.I have all the old parts from the Colt frame on it.I had the frame done about 8 months ago by the guy who did my Colt.I knew it would`t be long before She would have to go.I shot 450 rounds thew the Caspian and had no FF and she hit where she was suposed to.Well I hope this one will last 1/2 as long as the old one did.By the way how is your Commander in 38 Super.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 38 Super Combat Commander on 2001-06-08 20:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
31 Posts
38 super CC..That's a lot of bullets! Iassume it was a steel frame.

I cracked a gold cup frame in the early IPSC days when everyone shot real ammo..After some hassling I got a new frame from Colt with a hand stamped serial # same as the old one..Built my son a gun on that frame..Might be worth a call to Colt; all they can say is no...Anyone else ever get a replacement frame???????

outa here

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have never worn out a gun, but I think that is right up there with wearing out a bible. You should hold your head high and remember all the good service the gun gave you. True, the gun is gone, but what you learned in wearing it out lives on. I say you're the man! I hope I get to wear out a gun someday.
Jake

G

·
...saw a 70s model Combat Commander in black chrome just the other day, with funky ivory or pearl grips, a steal at $300. I'd always liked this weapon but had no idea it was so universally loved.
I propose a new monetary unit, the "Commander". We should all buy all the Commanders we can find, and put them in a bank...we signatories would have a private Legal Tender. "Hey Hank, I'll give you five Commanders for that car."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.