Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all - I bought an Alessi CQC/S for my HK P7M8/M13 purely on advice (never saw or used one) from one of my Bulletin Board members SAWBONES (Bob) and I couldn't be happier with this rig. Easy on - easy off, wears like iron and is as smooth as a baby's...
well, you get the idea. I am 110% happy and satisfied!

That was the compliment.. now the questions: What's the best mag holder to accompany the CQC/S? Better to go single or dual mag carrier? Is there one that will work for both the M8 and M13 mags?

Where's the best place to buy Alessi equipment (how DARE anyone refer to his holsters as gear) these days?? Still RF Holsters/Hunting?

Thanks again for a dynamite product Lou! You have a life-long fan and Alessi user right here.

·
Registered
849 Posts
What's the best mag holder to accompany the CQC/S? Better to go single or dual mag carrier? Is there one that will work for both the M8 and M13 mags?
There is no mag pouch to my knowledge that would work with both the M-8, and M-13 mags.
I would recommend single pouches simply because you can position them exactly where you want them.

Where's the best place to buy Alessi equipment (how DARE anyone refer to his holsters as gear) these days?? Still RF Holsters/Hunting?
You can order from R&F, or direct from me. If you are using a credit card, R&F would be the way to go.

Thanks again for a dynamite product Lou! You have a life-long fan and Alessi user right here.
Thank YOU very much, and I'm glad you like the product.
Lou

:grin: brother dane help'in out here

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-08-12 12:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lou (and Dane).

I am assuming that the P7M8 would be the Group 5 carrier?? What would the M13 be? Group 3 maybe?

Also - the photos and descriptions on RF's site are a bit vague when it comes to detail. What's the difference in the CLIP and BUTTON versions?

Finally - if/when ordering from you, what types of payment do you accept?? Do I contact you directly?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Stephen, The 'Clip' refers to our Talon CLip, which I DON'T recommend for mag pouches. The 'button' refers to a 'one way' directional snap, which I DO recommend for a mag pouch.
You can e-mail me at [email protected] and we can talk about delivery and payment. I don't think it's fair to the other holster makers who may be on this board for me to be actually selling holsters using Dane's bandwith.
Not trying to discourage a sale, but I used to hate it when a person named "Mark The Holster Guy" used to blatently jump in and try to sell a holster whenever anyone asked a question about leather. Turns out now that he's out of business, and took a bunch of people for a lot of money. The worst part is he wasn't even making the holsters. He had Black Hills Leather making holsters under his name. He owes them a ton of money too..
That's too bad, because now all the honest guys will have to share in that 'black eye'.
Lou

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Lou... I appreciate your candor and advice. Is the snap on the mag pouch like the one on the CQC/S??

On the various Bulletin Boards I frequent (and the one I own/run) I have seen guys who try and do what you were describing. I don't think, after looking over many of your postings, that you'll ever be accused of trying to steal a sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.