Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to post this in the Holsters area but this is specifically for Glock owners... so anyway- I have a G23 and I wanted to know what other Glock owners prefer as a Conceal and Carry holster? I currently have an Uncle Mikes IWB holster (the soft sided holster) that I don't think is a very serious/safe rig for conceal and carry so I am looking for everyone's opinion so that it may help me make a decision. I prefer an IWB but I am open to all options.

G

·
I have tried so many brands and while they are quite good and range from Alessi GWH for my STI, Sparks, the Leather Arsenal, to Kramer IWB, Galco, Desantis to Knull to MD Labs to Blade Tech to Garritty.
But after all is said and done my favorite is the Rosen ARG it is the one holster I find to be the most concealble and comfortable.

My G32 rides in a Rosen ARGDL with Sharkskin mouthband and 1.25" loops with snaps.
I went with the DL and snaps to facilitate easy on/off and the "extra" stability the DL adds.

The ARG is not inexpensive but I get an average of 8 years of wear out of one and they hold up quite well FWIW.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've been carrying a G23 all day, every day for five years now, and the best holster I've ever used is the Sidearmor IWB w/ 5 degree cant loop.

http://www.sidearmor.net

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've used the Sidearmor holster but recently switches to the Milt Sparks Executive Companion. I just prefer leather to Kydex on IWB holsters. Mr. Alessi makes some very fine leather. I have a GWH for my Kimber Compact that is great.
Tim

·
Registered
52 Posts
I carry a G22 and G27 daily. My preffered IWB carry holsters are the Talon Plus from Lou Alessi for the G22 and the Milt Sparks Versa Max II for the G27.

My usual carry these days, however, is beltside with the CQC/s from Lou for either gun.

The other thing your should think about when you get that new holster is a good holster quality belt to go with it. It makes carry a whole lot more comfortable as it supports the gun much better.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I carry a G23 in a Sparks Summer Special 2 with a Sparks belt daily. It works great. I have also used a Kramer IWB #2 that was as comfortable as my Sparks, but not as easy to take off and on.

Edited 01-13-03: Since posting this, I have been using Blade Tech's Fits All IWB. I still like my SS 2, and always will, but this kydex holster is giving it some real competition.
:roll:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have Sidearmor IWB holsters for each of my everyday carry Glocks, a G30, a G23, and a G36. Prior to becoming "Glocked" I carried alloy Commanders first in Summer Specials, then later in Executive Companions from Milt Sparks.
Sidearmor is my choice for Kydex and Milt Sparks would be my first choice were I to go back to leather. YMMV.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I carry my G23 in a Don Hume IWB. Cheap, comfortable, fits perfectly, and it's nice and thin. I had a Galco which was pretty good...just sold my Milt Spark Ex. Companion, I know a few of you are gonna think I'm crazy, but it was just too damn thick for my liking. Couldn't conceal it under 2 t-shirts easily like I can with my Don Hume. It really took up a lot of space on my waistband...it was, however, a beautiful holster, very well made, and very comfortable, and the extended edge on the inside to stop the slide/frame from rubbing against your side or clothing is a nice touch. It also provides leverage to help reholster it. I just bought one of those soft Uncle Mike's, but I don't feel like it adequately protects the trigger (I have a 3.5 lb connector and stock spring).

·
Registered
705 Posts
Well guys, I recently bought a Alessi/Burns GWH for a Glock 23. The holster has proven comfortable, secure, and fast with the Glock. This is my second, the Kimber Compact I own rests in the first.

Tim

·
Registered
26 Posts
holster for G23

My favorite for a G23 is from Comp-tac, either the Gurka or the tuckable. Comp-tac holsters hold the grip close, very concelable and well made. They are great for 1911's also !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.