Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New lurker here. Just found this forum today. How polite you guys are. That's nice.

Anyway, here is my question. The pistol I really like is the P220 stainless match with the target trigger. However it only comes in 45 and I want to shoot 9mm. Does anyone know if (a) there is a conversion kit to 9mm for this gun or, (b) can a pistolsmith do a conversion for me.

Thanks,

-terry

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have never seen one, but I understand that Sig made the P220 in .38 Super at one time. Check your Internet sites and maybe you can find one. I would imagine that would be the best/easiest way to go.

Good Luck, Buddy

·
Registered
22 Posts
fwiw,
The 220 was originally designed as a 9mm Para when it replaced the Sig 210 as the Swiss Service Pistol. That said I dunno on conversions with the extractor... I personally love the 220 and if I wanted one in 9mm I'd probabely try to find one configured by the factory. It will likely have a European butt heal magazine release as I don't know how many 9mm "American" 220s were made... You could always go to to a 226, however, it is nowhere near as ergonomic as the 220 to my hand. The 225 is a comfortable smaller single stack 9mm that you may consider as well...fwiw & imho

Regards, Matt Garrett.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts