Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
FWIW, I have converted my Para P16 to 10mm with only an Ed Brown barrel, heavier recoil/firing pin spring and +10% mag springs. The "drop in" barrel was exactly drop in, so I had the folks at Ed Brown fit the barrel.

I have about 500 rounds through it (300 of Georgia Arms 155 Gold Dot, remaining a mix of 155gr/180gr ProLoad Gold Dot, 175gr STHP, and 200gr Blazer) in 10mm and about 800 rounds through the pistol in .40S&W. I have not had a bobble, wobble or malf of any kind.

Think of it this way, if you attempt the conversion and there's a problem nothing worth while is ever easy. :wink:

If it goes through without a hitch, working for something is for chumps. :grin:

But should some work need to be required, that's a great reason to justify getting more add-ons to the pistol while it is at the 'smith! How could your S O say no? Tell her about "how expensive" shipping will be again! :grin: You can say "Baby, I'm just trying to save the $ so I'll have more to spend on you" or "with the $ I'm saving on the shipping, I can get you things you really deserve"! :grin:

Derek

· Registered
3,552 Posts
I interpet that to mean, if it did not run, you could make it run. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Neal
Neal I have convered a number of the 40 Kimbers to 10mm. They make a very nice gun either way. The 10mm just takes a little more time and money. I was surprised but shouldn't have been I guess on either count.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.