Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Federal 9mm conversion barrel and G19 magazine for my G23. Everything works OK except I get an occasional failure to extract/eject. I have been looking at the available G19 parts that I need to get in order to improve the reliability of my conversion. There seems to be only one trigger housing/ejector (part # 322), but when I looked at the available extractors for the G19, I can't tell which one I should get - the 15/0 (part # 1889) or the 90/0 (part # 98). Does anyone have any experience with doing this conversion? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
663 Posts
You will get occassional fte with the sig conversion also. The breachface for the 40/357 is larger than 9mm. The only thing holding the rim(after firing) is the extractor but the case can wobble around after the round is fired and the case clears the chamber. The empty case can slip to the side and allow the extractor to go underneath the rim. This conversion should be for range use only and never self defense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Albert Shear on 2001-11-14 06:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Albert Shear on 2001-11-14 07:00 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.