Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a NIB Coonan .357 mag in stainless in a shop today. S/N under 200. With 2 mags. Anyone know the history on these puppies?

Also, what is the thing worth? Do they shoot?

Shop owner said it dated to the 70's.

Jim

·
Registered
70 Posts
If the serial number is that low, it must be the original "A" Model. Only 1,200 "A" Models were made, some collector interest. It was replaced with the "B" Model around 1983. Coonan has gone out of business, magazines are very hard to find. Some 1911 frame parts will work but not all. I have a "B" Model and really like it, it`s a big pistol, grip frame too large for most folks. How much are they asking, I could always use another one.........

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, how much would you pay? I want to buy it I think but need to know what she's worth. It is unfired, with box and 2 mags. Not a scratch on it. Do you know the difference(s) between the A and B models?

Anyone care to value it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JiminCA on 2001-07-25 01:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well if you use an old Blue Book as a general guide, they list an "A" model NIB at $1150.00, but I think that`s only if you found the right collector. They made a change to their trigger set up on the "B" models..Saw 2 Coonans on Auction Arms not long ago in the $750.00 range. Send me your e-mail address and I`ll send you the link to Coonan Owners Forum....

[email protected]

·
Registered
70 Posts
My Coonan has held it`s place in my vault for over 15 years, it has seen many other guns come and go, but remains as a very faithful friend. All your interest is late comming, Coonan went out of business. Small St. Paul,MN company never spent the bucks on the big time gun magazine experts to get the free press. If someone who knows more about computers e-mails me at the address in my last post, I`ll send a link to the Coonan owner`s web site and you can post the address, it`s a strange one too me.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.