Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
You can check with Kathi Fisher, President of CryoPlus, Inc. 2429 North Milborne, Wooster, OH 44691 phone 1(330)683-3375 and check out http://www.precisionshooting.com for addresses et if you would want back isues about Cryogenic Barrel Processing. Quite detailed articles have been done. One was by Hart barrels (with control and test barrels) if my memory is working. I have not used it myself and think there are two or three other companies that can do it too. Hope this helps. Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randall_1611 on 2001-06-15 02:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
500 Posts
I did a little checking into the treatment in NJ. I was talking to a Race Car Mechanic and he was telling me that the treatment makes the high wear parts last 5-10 times longer because of this treatment. I called the company and talked to the owner about my theory on guns. He tells me that the springs would evan last longer. The process realigns the molecules so that there is equal relaxation. This removes all stress and doesn't change the tempering of the metal. Best thing was the cost 25.00 per basket of parts. You could probably do a few guns for this price. I haven't got back there to do a gun yet because I haven't finished the one I was going to do.I will be doing it and I will see how it affects the fit and finish of a finished pistol. In theory it's a great idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.