Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my home built CMC from Walter Birdsong with the Black-T finish. Only waited 3 months, after spending weekends for 3 months to build it. CMC Frame & Slide with Kart NM barrel, Heinie Straight 8 Slant Pro sights, Nowlin, Ed Brown, Les Baer, and Cylinder & Slide components with 3 1/2 lb trigger pull.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elbert Mays on 2001-11-24 22:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm packing for Front Sight, but here is the parts list (all from Brownells):

CMC Slide & Frame & Recoil Spring (Weight Unknown)
CMC Trigger
CMC Extended Thumb Safety
CMC Hammer Strut
CMC Rosewood Grips
CMC Slide Stop
Cominolli 2 Piece Frame Saver Guide Rod
Heinie Kimber Straight 8 Slant Pro Night Sights
Ed Brown Rebuild Kit
Ed Brown FP Stop
Ed Brown Magazine Release
Ed Brown Extra Power Firing Pin
Ed Brown MSH Blue, Flat 20 lpi
Ed Brown Extended Ejector
Ed Brown Hardcore Extractor
Ed Brown Grip Safety w/memory groove
Nowlin Tuff Stuff Firing Pin
Nowlin Plunger Tube
Nowlin Stainless Steel Grip Screw Bushings
Nowlin SS Hex Head Screws
Kart NM Barrel/Bushing/Link/Pin
Cylinder & Slide Tactical II Trigger Pull Kit (advertised 4 lb, but set to 3 1/2 lbs)
Les Baer 7 round magazines
Last, but not least Birdsong's Black-T on everything.

Note: The barrel lockup was so tight after the Black-T was applied, that I had to take the finish off the barrel link pin ramp!

Before the finish, the pistol shot 1 hole at 15 yards and 1 - 1 1/2 inches at 25 yards.

If I left off anything, please let me know.

If I can doit, you can too!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elbert Mays on 2001-10-31 19:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
...You did good...Hope all is well at FS and that you get ta' wring it out real good!!!

Congrats...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
harley45 - ez fit
gyp_c2 - I went to Front Sight for the Combat Master Prep and used my Glock 21. The 1911 is tooooo tight to even think about doing malfunction drills, especially with the frame saver pads.

For everyones info, I did purchase the AGI Pistolsmiths Course ($600+) from Brownells, prior to building this pistol. After all, Bob Dunlap did teach Gene Shuey and I thought he could teach me.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
...LOL...Send me that thing, I'll guarantee loosenin' it up within oh...3-4years...Then I'll send it back all loosey-goosey

...N/C BTW...:wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gyp_c2,

I went to the NRA HQ range yesterday. The 1911 shot 2" groups at 50 yds from a Weaver stance. Before going to the range, I adjusted the trigger pull from 3 1/2 lbs to 4 lbs 5 ozs. I was trying for 4 lbs, but settled for a little more. Eventually I will carry the 1911, instead of the Glock 21.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.