Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a box of Fiocchi 230gr JHP, and It won't reliably chamber in my Eclipse. It will almost go into battery. When I remove the offending cartridge I can see a bright ring around the bullet. It's right at the base of the ogive. The only other ammunition I've tried is some Remington 230gr GS. It feeds and functions flawlessly. I know I need to try some standard ball in it, unfortunately I just haven't had time.

Now I guess what I'm asking is has anyone else had problems? Is it the ammo? Can't find my dang dial calipers, but it seems to be the same OAL as the Golden Saber. Or is the chamber too tight?

Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had exactly the same problem in my Custom Classic using the Fiocchi 230gr JHP. Out of the first (and only) 5 rounds, 3 jammed in exactly the way you described.......they would feed, but the slide would not go completely into battery. All 3 times the slide stopped about 3/16" out of battery.

I had my shooting partner try them in his HK USP compact and he had the exact same results, only worse. He couldn't get any of them to chamber.

I think it has to do with the shape of the bullet. My Kimber works fine with every other bullet style I've tried - shorter HP's, semi-wadcutters, truncated cones, etc. Perhaps Kimbers have a short throat and can't handle a bullet as long as the one Fiocchi uses.......

I gave the box of Fiocchi's to the guy at the next table who was shooting a Ruger.

Len in Phoenix

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.