Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you had a custom gun made for your child? What was it and how did the new/improved gun affect the development of their shooting skills? Was it worth the money?

It might seem like an over indulgence, but there are plenty of things that many parents buy for their youngsters that cost a lot of money and no one bats an eyelash, so why not a good firearm (even if they "technically" can't own it).

If the child has a genuine interest in shooting, why not give him (or her) the best equipment available so that they can continue to improve their skills. Who knows...maybe they will want to shoot in competitions or the Olympic games!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Teryl,

My kids are only 2 & 3 so they are a little young. However, I did buy two (2) Rock River frames with the intent of having them "built" at a latter time. Maybe when there 5 or 6 they will be ready (LOL).

Now a custom Chipmunk .22 may fit the bill very soon.

Good luck,

Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAP on 2001-06-01 15:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
500 Posts
If your taiking about a pistol, some smiths offer a grip reduction and thinner grips. I posted this question awhile back and most people felt a Glock 19 in 9mm would be a good choice. It's light enough to hold up and teaches trigger control. You could also put a 22 conversion on it unyil they can handle the 9mm. You don't want them to develop a flinching habit when they start out. Let them learn to shoot correctly first and move up as they feel confident.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.