Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to purchase the following gun:
Colt series 70 full hard chrome SNxxxxxb70.
Has a comped BarSto 45 barrel.
Front and main sring checkered.
All parts are custom
The work was done by a custom gunsmith with the last name of Brolin. (I may have misspelled his name as I am waiting on thr correct spelling)

It has an interesting thumb safety where if the slide is locked back, by depressing the safety it releases the slide. It also has a nicely done mag well and overall the gun looks to be well made. Being fairly new to 1911's I would like to know if this slide release on the safety is a good thing or not. It feels great in my hand and I don't have to change my hand on the grip to release. The information on the slide has become worn and is difficult to see. Can it be refinshed to original specs ?. Any imput would be grateful.

Thanks, Jack

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hey JackB,

Are there any photos of the gun??

Could you mean Jim Boland????

Also there for short time there was a company named Brolin Arms which hired Michael Voigt as their custom shop guy for a short time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eerw on 2001-06-06 15:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EERW, thanks for the reply. I don't have a digital camera so no pictures. There is a Brolin Arms in La Verne Ca which is within 90 minutes of the gun shop where the pistol is. I will update on the smith when I get the information.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That safety / slide release was being done by a gunsmith that worked with B&B Sales in N. Hollywood (yes, the infamous shop) and apparently pantented it. I wonder if he works there still or is associated with them? Maybe you can call them at 818-985-2329.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.