Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been trying to find a short trigger for my P225, well after not being able to find one I decided to make one. I modified a short trigger for a P226 and in about a half an hours time came out with what I think to be a very good looking & working short trigger. Here are a couple of pictures of it that I took after finishing it up by glass bead blasting it and running it through my blueing tank. If anybody has questions about how I did it please contact me at
[email protected]
Thanks,
Van

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you grind off the front of it or the back? It may just be the pictures but it looks like you ground of the back which really would not change anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
docsprague,
I'm not sure what you are asking. This is not the original trigger. Sig makes triggers that are called short triggers that position the trigger it's self back farther than the standard ones. I wanted one for the P225 but since they have been discontinued for 11 years I couldn't find one. So in order to get what I wanted I took a short trigger from a P226 which would not fit into the P225 and modified it by narowing the width of the trigger then shortening the length of the finger piece. After that I rounded the finger piece and polished it. This puts the trigger back farther but since it has more curve to me it feels much better. I could not take the original trigger and cut more curve into it because it is hollow. I suppose that I could have welded up the hollow back then recut it but starting with the P226 trigger seemed simpler.
Van

·
Registered
3 Posts
Other sources tell me that the factory "short trigger" from Sig (at least for the P226) is simply the standard trigger with material removed from the front surface, thus shortening the reach. Everything else remains the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts