Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this one up from Precisoin Gunworks today. It is a Springfield 1911 A1 with the following modifications:

Polished Feed Ramp,Barrel-Throat,Slide to Frame,Deburred Firing Pin
Novak LMC04 Lo-Mount Tritium sight, rear
Heine Cross Dovetail Tritium #311, front (dovetail added)
Clark #170 Match Barrel Bushing
Carry Trigger Job (4 lbs)
Ed Brown #893 S/S Wide Ambi Thumb Safety
Wilson #92B Mainspring Housing
Hogue Diamond Checkered Grips, Cocabolo
Wolf 16# Variable Rate Recoil Spring
Stiff Firing Pin Spring
De Horned for Carry
Reshaped Front Strap to Colt Radius
Checkered Front Strap (30 LPI)
Refinished Entire Firearm in Black - T

It is my first true custom. I think John Harrison did a superb job with it. He is a super nice fellow and easy to deal with.

After seeing the finished Springfield today, I couldn't resist handing over my Kimber Classic for him to make into an Ed Brown Custom Classic look alike. His Email is:

[email protected]






<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J MAC on 2001-05-07 21:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J MAC on 2001-05-07 22:11 ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
It looks great! :smile: I am assuming it was one of the "loaded" model before the most recent version with dovetailed front sight. I like many of the options you did and will be having much of the same done on mine before to long!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,831 Posts
Very Nice! I invited the maker to the forum today BTW. Seems there are other pictures of this gun around :grin: I would like to see more!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Hi All,
Thanks for the kind words. This was one of those guns that was hard to return to it's owner. :grin: :grin: From time to time you finish one up and then realize that you really want to keep it. Congrats to the owner for having excellent taste in what modifications to have made.
Best Regards,
John Harrison
Precision Gunworks
Canton, GA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
On 2001-05-08 09:03, John Harrison wrote:
Congrats to the owner for having excellent taste in what modifications to have made.
Best Regards,
John Harrison
Precision Gunworks
Canton, GA
Hey John,
Don't forget that the owner had some help in specifying the work.:grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Hey Ricky-
You are "Da Man" :grin: :grin:
I was truly out of line in not giving credit, where due.
You are truly an exemplary Connoisseur of custom 1911's.

There, is that enough "sucking up" ?? :grin: :grin:

Regards,
John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
On 2001-05-08 11:07, John Harrison wrote:
Hey Ricky-
You are "Da Man" :grin: :grin:
I was truly out of line in not giving credit, where due.
You are truly an exemplary Connoisseur of custom 1911's.

There, is that enough "sucking up" ?? :grin: :grin:

Regards,
John
EEEEWW, yuck. Don't overdo it John. Now go back to drilling rocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Oh no!!

I think I have made a terrible mistake. John, I forgot to discuss my pistol with Ricky before talking to you! Now I have this terrible nagging feeling that something isn't going to be right.

I can see it now - I take delivery of the gun, go to show it to the guys on Tuesday night, and Ricky says, "It's all screwed up! You should have talked to me first!"

:grin: :grin:

Ricky, we need to talk. I want to make sure I've got it right before John puts file to steel. :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Beautiful work John. I think the owner should be quite proud of his new toy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
On 2001-05-08 13:20, TaxPhd wrote:
I can see it now - I take delivery of the gun, go to show it to the guys on Tuesday night, and Ricky says, "It's all screwed up! You should have talked to me first!"

:grin: :grin:

Ricky, we need to talk. I want to make sure I've got it right before John puts file to steel. :grin:
Tax,
You're killing me.:grin: I probably won't get to see your new rosco since you're leaving us for the snow bunnies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On 2001-05-07 23:19, Dane Burns wrote:
Very Nice! I invited the maker to the forum today BTW. Seems there are other pictures of this gun around :grin: I would like to see more!
Here you go Dane.

I was already proud of the new blaster. Now I am double proud of it seeing that you think it is Very Nice.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
If it shoots as good as it looks, you should be proud.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top