Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to get some opinions on Cylinder & Slide for 1911 work. What do you like about them? What don't you like about them? And, why?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had them do a trigger job on a Para-Ord several years ago. The trigger went full auto @ a month later at the USPSA nationals. At that time, they came to the big matches with a fully equipped
trailer to perform repairs. I took my pistol to them and they repaired it on the spot and I was able to continue the match. Their attitude was great and I never had another problem. A couple years later, a friend of mine had them do some work on a Hi-Power and it turned out very nice. Have used them on a few other jobs and have been very pleased. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reponse Jeff.

As for the rest of you...Sound off like you got a pair.

150 views and only one response. Not even hearsay. Come on folks.

G

·
From reading on Bill Laughridge and also reading articles written by him I had the wrong opinion of the man. For some reason I thought he was pompous. Boy, was I wrong! Bill Laughridge is a very nice person to deal with and over the years he has done me favors and given me tons of advice. I trully like the man. Regards, Richard

·
Registered
46 Posts
Second that Mr. Laughridge is very nice and helpful
bailed me out too , gots parts no one elese has. "smlie"

All of the top name professionals I have personally
contacted have been pleasant and helpful,
"stand up regular guys"
Guess we all do put our pants on one leg at a time. "smile"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Bettendorf on 2001-05-25 01:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Bettendorf on 2001-05-25 01:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
32 Posts
C&S did a full-house job on a PO P-13 for me a number of years ago (back when I thought more was better). The quality of the work was excellent. It went through a week long course at Thunder Ranch right after the work was done with nary a problem. As others have said, they are pleasant folks and easy to work with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bill Laughridge

Have known and done buisness with Bill for 20 years now. He has always been a stand up guy that did good work and stood by his work. Over the years he has built me 2 custom high powers. a great combat shotgun and is in the process of building a Couger custom revolver (ruger security six with a Python barrel). Good work and good service.

G

·
Bill's a great guy, and extremely well versed on the Hi-Power, as well as the 1911. He helped me out once when I was at war with Browning. Dropping his name means something there, too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
C&S recently completed work on a fullsize stainless Kimber for me. I had the grip cut to Officers length, trigger job, Barsto barrel, sights, checkering, and sundry other small things. The gun is a great shooter and is totally reliable. I highly recommend them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.