Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one of these, and I am very impressed with the ergonomics, trigger, and the overall fitting. I am very fond of 1911's, and the similar feel of the grip on this, and the cocked and locked option, were also factors in my decision.

I was also pleased with the price.

Anyone have any experience with this model?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I fired my new CZ40B for the first time, and all went VERY well, except with the Witness Hi-Cap mags. The next to last round hung up on the top of the chamber every time, with each of three mags, and with each of three factory loads I tried. Factory mags work 100% Slide width, BTW, is similar to a SIG.

Any suggestions to correct the hi-cap problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did not think the gun too blocky at all.

How well does it shoot?

What capacity mags are available and where can they be found for purchase?

I just posted a similar thread, sorry I did not see this one first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine shoots very well, comparable to my better 1911's.

The mags which came with it are 10 round, and theWitness mags which aren;'t reliable just yet are 12 rounds. the problem with them, by the way, seems to be the follower.

I plan to buy a couple more factory mags, and also a few extra followers, if I can.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bob C said:
Witness mags which aren't reliable just yet are 12 rounds. the problem with them, by the way, seems to be the follower. I plan to buy a couple more factory mags, and also a few extra followers, if I can.
Were you able to correct the last round problem with different followers? If so, which followers did you use? I'm very interested in this pistol if this problem can be resolved. I have three 12rd 40S&W Witness magazines that I use in my CZ-75. They are 100% reliable. Interestingly though, my 40S&W Witness compact has magazines with different followers. The 12rd'ers won't work properly in the compact, although I now can't remember exactly why.

·
Registered
229 Posts
EAA Mags

I've been successful making Witness Mags work in several cases. I haven't had one NOT work, so far.

In most cases, the problem seems to be that the mag release notch on the Witness mags is just a hair lower than required for CZ. This forces the mag up against the bottom of the slide, making it difficult to load and unload the mag, 'cause its putting so much downard pressure on the mag release, and so much upward pressure on the underside of the slide.

Using a needle file or a dremel, you can enlarge the top side of the notch, and they generally work fine. (This does not seem to impair the mag's ability to continue to work properly in an EAA gun.)

Take off a little at a time. On one of mine I had to remove maybe as much as a 16th of an inch of metal. (This type of surgery was required for two of four mags, ordered at the same time, which arrived identically packaged. The other two worked perfectly.)

This is the same fix I've found useful when working with the cheap RamLine mags, mentioned elsewhere.

(All of these mags should drop free in the CZ-40B. Its the 75B's that don't drop free without a modification to the mag brake...)

·
Registered
57 Posts
CZ40B experiences...

I have been campaigning my CZ40B in the SSP class of IDPA for pretty much the last half of the season.

I can say that it is more accurate than I am currently capable of taking advantage of. Several shooters have indiacted that they seem to get the best accuracy from their CZ40B's with the 165gr.(or there about's) bullet range, rather than the more common 180gr. bullets/ammo. I'm running a handload that uses a Rainier 135gr. FMJ/FP over VV 3N37 powder, Federal small pistol primers, loaded to 1.120" COL. Easily prints in 2" groups at 25yds. when I do the right things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.