Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent the following to Stephen A. Camp and he was interested in what the outcome will be: "I was looking at the pistols and stuff last night. I saw what appeared to be a short magazine, I picked up, and tried it in my CZ75 PRC. It fit just fine, wouldn't operate the slide stop (small matter), but wouldn't feed ammo. What was it? A Browning High-Power magazine. I guess these pistols are a lot more closely related than we think. If they can be altered to work they would make a great source for PRC high capacity magazines." Do any of our gunsmiths have an opinion. Regards, Richard

·
Registered
45 Posts
CZ magazine

I don't know why no one has replied to this sooner. Hi Power magazines are relatively inexpensive. I am sure that it can be modified to work in the CZ if it fits and locks into the mag well.

Tim

·
Registered
229 Posts
Pro-Mag mags for the .40 S&W version of the 75B Compact also work in the Compact, PCR and P-01. (I've got 4 of them.) They are, in effect, the same mags as the PCR hi-cap mag, and hold 14 rounds.

[Note: CZ never made the 75B in .40, but apparently released specs to the vendors, and then backed off on making/importing the gun. This was about the time they were pushing the CZ-40B. They didn't make the gun, but Pro-Mag made the mags.]

You can buy them from various places, such as Natchez Shooter's Supply [which sells them for $12.88 or less] -- and directly from Pro-Mag for around $25. That's a good price, and they function well. Natchez is frequently sold out.

(I've had good luck with Pro-Mags with my CZs an S&Ws...)

I'd be careful altering a mag too much... 'cause if you alter it to the point that it can't be used in the original weapon, you've "manufactured a hi-capacity" magazine, and you can get in big trouble. Just get the Pro-Mags and avoid the risk. [We have a letter from the BATF Chief noting that using a .40 caliber mag in a 9mm gun is legal, if the mag is unaltered.]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.