Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow,
what a pistol!! This pistol out of the box will out shoot my Beretta Border Marshall in .40 cal. anyday! I still can't shoot well after 400 rounds with my Border Marshall.
First 10 rounds with the CZ, awesome!!! Right on target!

The CZ cost 1/2 as much!!
Good job CZ!
I will try again with the Beretta.
Later,
Espi

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know what you mean. I tried a CZ75BD in Sept. of 2000 and I was sold. It is 9mm. My scores in IDPA are overal 25% better this year than in the last two years. I have 12,000 rounds through it in just over a year.
No problems at all. Replace recoil spring every 3,000 or so. The thing is super accurate. Paid $319.00 for it and it will outshoot my $900 Kimber, $800 SIG 229, $650 Beretta and all my Glocks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The .40 CZ's and the Tanfoglio copies are what the Bren Ten ought to have been. The Bren Ten was conceptualized as a pistol that would split the difference between the 9mm and the .45, both in size and power, while offering selective DA capability. The Bren Ten project jumped the tracks and evolved into big, clunky pistol chambered for a cartridge that was excessively powerful for the intended use. (Not that there's anything wrong with power, per se, it just tends to bring excessive recoil and weapon platform size along with it).

The .40 CZ remains true to the original concept. That concept was valid and the CZ is an excellent rendering of same.

Rosco

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree with ESPI. The CZ's are great pistols. I have two 75 B's, the 75 Standard IPSC and a 97B and have used them very successfully in pin shooting. I have Glocks, had a Sig 226, and a Beretta,and I don't shoot any of them as well as the CZ's.
I have at least 10,00 rounds through my first 75B and I've lost only the roll pin that holds in the firing pin at about 9,000 rounds. Other than that, the pistol has never failed to fire a round, and accepts any magazine that I throw into it including some $14.00 15 rounders.
There is no better value in firearms today.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Rosco,

I can't help but think you are a bit mis-informed here. First of all, the 10mm Auto and the Bren Ten built to shoot it weren't meant to split the difference between ANYTHING. 10mm Auto was concieved from the word go as a SUPERIOR cartridge to the .45 ACP. The Bren Ten was concieved from the word go as a scaled-up CZ-75 based design. Ask Jeff Cooper sometime. :grin:

"The reason for the original Bren Ten cartridge was power...The 45 ACP cartridge has almost enough power" -- Jeff Cooper

Ever handle and shoot a Bren Ten? It isn't significantly bigger than any other full-sized auto pistol, and for the power it delivers at the muzzle is an EXCEPTIONALLY soft-shooting firearm. It is also almost the exact same size as a 10mm/.45 ACP Tanfolgio.

I'm not sure what your point was in going off on an anti-10mm / Bren Ten tangent, but it isn't factual.

Back on topic: The CZ-75 series are very nice pistols and a hell of a deal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-12-05 10:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm waiting for CZ to down-size the 97B to 10mm specs (barrel, extractor, breech face, etc), install appropriate strength springs, offer quality (i.e., nonjamming) 10rd 10mm mags, and optional night sights.

A big, heavy gun for sure, but it would again offer the CZ-style platform for the 10mm - ala the Bren Ten - and at a higher level of quality than seen on the several Witness 10mms I've handled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel better about my decision after seeing this thread. I bought a CZ75B .40 as a starter gun for IPSC Limited 10. With 3 kids in school it's all I can afford at the moment.

PS: I am not eating lunch for the next year. I figure I'd be able to buy a nice toy gun with my lunch money. Any suggestion for what I can do with $1500 ?

·
Registered
322 Posts
CastleBravo,
"Ditto" what you said...
I own a few Brens; they're exceptionally accurate, no bigger than most full size guns,
(will fit a Beretta 92 or Sig P220 holster)
and not much else fits the hand better.
Safe shooting,
Mark Garrity
Garrity's Gunleather

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have two CZ75B in 2-tone and 40 SW. I do like the pricing ($415 ea.). I have shot very well with them, and kick myself for buying more expensive guns. In any event, the othrs are for display and covnersation, now. I use teh CZ extensively. The mags may not fall free if you choose to keep that thin sliver of metal in the magwell which pushes against the mag. It is a very flimsy piece, anyway. I took mine out. The mag falls right out now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.