Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi, D&L Sports is in Gilette Wyoming http://www.dlsports.com/ This will give you the information about his firearms and training thats available. I have not had the oportunity to take take a class or handle one of his guns. He has written for Tactical Rifle now The Accurate Rifle sister magazine to Precision Shooting. Hope this helps! Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just ordered his book "The Tactical 1911" and hopefully it will give me some insight to 1911's and his work in general. If you are considering buying a pistol from him you might also want to do the same. To be honest, he does some aesthetic things that I don't agree with, like front serrations that don't match the rears and he undercuts his front sight so it hooks. I am sure he would do it the way you want though if you specify.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You might want to check with Ross. He's a moderator on the 1911 forum. Pretty sure he has one beauty built by D&L.

G

·
In his book Dave Lauck explains that he undercuts the sight to make it sharp as a weapon retention aid and to eliminate sight glare.
I don't know that I agree with either but they are his stated reasons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.