Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I did a quick drive by to see where the Dallas Pistol Club was for the Rangemaster class. Suffice it to say that the range is a little difficult to find if you don't know where it is. There are no signs leading you to the range and the range is not visible from the road.

I followed the directions that said it was one mile west of I-35E close to the cross street of Luna Road. As it turned out, Luna Road was only about 0.3 miles from the highway and there is no gun range there, but there is a golf driving range on the southeast corner. Wrong range. So, I continued west and realized there was no range to be found.

I double backed and tried again. When approaching from the east, you will see arrowed signs pointing left (south) to indicate that Beltline veers to the left. At about 0.15 miles west of Luna and in the middle of the veer left signs, there is a driveway opening on the right (north) side. This drive way is for a white gravel road that goes north and disappears under the train track. Actually, there are two of these on each side of a creek. You want to take the one on the east side of the creek. The address is painted on the curb, but you can't see it when approaching from the east. Turn in on the gravel road, follow it as it winds under the train track and into the trees, then you will come to the entrance of the range very soon after crossing under the train track. If for some reason you have trouble finding where to turn, there are large stadium lights protruding above the train track and trees that can be seen from Beltline that are above the range.

I did not see any convenience stores other food-related establishments in the immediate range area. There are stores west of the range on Beltline Road as the next major cross street and there are stores east of the range on Beltline, but these are also east of I-35E.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Dude,

Thanks for posting that! I am 400 miles away in Memphis, and had to rely on the info sent me by the Dallas Pistol Club. I figured they would know where they are. Wrong!

Sounds like everyone needs to allot a bit of extra time the first morning to find the place. I was told candy and soft drinks were available at the range, but nothing else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just and FYI from a local guy...

DPC is located about 10 minutes from restaraunt heaven. When you leave DPC and get back on Beltline, if you go east for about 10 minutes, you'll be near anything and everything you could ever want to eat!

Addison has north of 2000 restaraunts, so you can't go wrong. If you have the time, I suggest you check out Fogo de Chao. All you can eat brazillian meat goodness. I mean, guns, beef, guns, beef .. sounds like a perfect weekend to me!

Also, if you go West on Beltline out of DPC you'll find a Grocery Store, some fast food joints and a gas station about 2 miles down the road.

I hope everyone enjoys the class, wish I could be there!

Brad

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bradc on 2001-10-20 00:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very good! Now with that in mind, do you have some suggested places that people could get to quickly for lunch - for those that forget to bring lunch?

Also, what would you suggest for Saturday night after the night shooting?

I drive through Carollton on I-35E quite a bit, but don't stop too often and actually know little about what it has to offer.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Also, what would you suggest for Saturday night after the night shooting?
To know us is to love us...I suspect Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening you'll find the Three Amigos and at least a couple of their closest friends,lounging with full bellies and big grins here:

I suggest you check out Fogo de Chao. All you can eat brazillian meat goodness. I mean, guns, beef, guns, beef .. sounds like a perfect weekend to me!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-10-20 14:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CLARIFICATION!

A buddy contacted me with a clarification on the directions. The stadium lights are NOT part of the Dallas Pistol Club, but are for the soccer fields next door. That being said, they are still a good visual clue to the range's whereabouts, but are not exactly where the range is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
DNS, if you go west out of DPC to McArthur Blvd, you'll find a couple of fast food joints. Chik-Fil-A, Sonic and I think a Wendy's. Probably your best bet for a 'quick' lunch.

As for Foga .. its groovy baby! yah!

Any openings left in the class? I might be able to talk my wife into letting me in :smile:

b

·
Registered
420 Posts
Excellent news, Tom :smile: . I failed the land nav course twice :grin: .

·
Registered
262 Posts
Forecast for Dallas is mostly sunny and low to mid 70s for the weekend. Looks like it's going to be a nice one.

Woohoo, getting close!
Chad

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.