Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am unfamiliar with Dan Wesson please school me about what I believe was called a pistol kit consisting of a frame with several barrel lengths included, likely there was more to the kits. I am mainly interested in the .22 LR or the .22 Magnum Calibers if they exist and more important, if they are available? Surely appreciate any information you may offer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The good news is that they exist.
The not so good news is that people tend to hang onto them and when they are offered up for sale tend to command higher prices.

I might see a pistol pack or 2 at a gun show…but then it may be a year or 4 before I see any more. Most of them are for .357’s.

This is one I bought 20 years ago…it is an oddity in that the prior owner had purchased a .22mag cylinder and crane to be able to convert between .22LR and .22mag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The good news is that they exist.
The not so good news is that people tend to hang onto them and when they are offered up for sale tend to command higher prices.

I might see a pistol pack or 2 at a gun show…but then it may be a year or 4 before I see any more. Most of them are for .357’s.

This is one I bought 20 years ago…it is an oddity in that the prior owner had purchased a .22mag cylinder and crane to be able to convert between .22LR and .22mag.
Well I can't get the quote off the screen. I thought you might like to see my 22lr pistol pack
Had this one several years, still haven't fired it.
HDHIC aka cliff

Photograph Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, now I know they were produced and what to call them just not sure I'll ever see one in person. What would it cost to be an owner of such a pistol pack? Were they made in .22 Magnum or not. Appreciate the photos, very nice, indeed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Guys, now I know they were produced and what to call them just not sure I'll ever see one in person. What would it cost to be an owner of such a pistol pack? Were they made in .22 Magnum or not. Appreciate the photos, very nice, indeed!
They were available in .22lr and .22mag. I have only seen the pistol packs in .22lr or some centerfire calibers. Mine is an oddity in that I have both cylinders.

The pistol packs I have seen in person started about $1800. The usual price was in the $2500 area. Of course regional variances occur and whether it is a Monson gun, full heavy under lug on the shroud, stainless, and the few odd magnum chamberings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts