Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just for another eye witness accounting of this gun, I was in Greta's yesterday (hey guys!) and that pistol was, IMHO, just about perfect. I wanted to buy it on the spot -- and I'll keep working on it until I have my own :smile:

Dane, great job. Looking at your work in person sold me on having you do a toy for me in the near future!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Wow, that's pretty sexy looking I must say :smile:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Believe it or not, the picture doesn't do it justice compared to seeing and handling in person! Especially liked the serrated top slide (which you can't see in the photo).

Dane, was this build on a stock Kimber frame or do they have custom frame kits? Did you order just the frame and around it? I emailed you privately but thought I'd ask on forum too in case someone else was wondering. Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hoser on 2001-06-25 10:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
209 Posts
So I am guessing since it went to the PRK that it was built on the new Series 2 lockwork.

Dane, did you find the Series 2 safeties to be pretty nice to work with, and were there any issues fitting the grip safety to ensure the new Firing Pin safety functions properly?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice work, Dane. My compliments to the chef....

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Sorry, I missed that one. Thanks, Jack. Olive wood, specially cut by Hogue for me, hand finished. Hogue does normally carry g olive wood AFAIK.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Dane,
This gun definitely raises the level one would expect from a full house spec gun.

Only problem is… now mine better be just as nice or look out for dem black helo’s :lol:

Shay “T.V.C.G”

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Dude, (otherwise known as TVCG) you get what you pay for from BCP :grin: Want this quality of fit and finish? All it takes is money, time and a few extra atta boys :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-26 14:15 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.