Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a Makeover! :grin:

Well, having been through the stress of having a cracked frame and a sigh of relief when Kimber sent my Kimber back to me in 3 days turn-around time with a new frame. I think its ready for a BCP makeover. I was in conflict for a while that I would miss this gun. Even adding some laminated grips too it couldn't hold me back from wisely investing in it so that I may enjoy it in the long run. Besides, Dane's got me convinced already with all those sweet pictures he keeps posting on this site. Now where's that Fedex airbill... Chris

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
To COOL! Looks like a great gun.

That is the kind of customer service I am use to from Kimber. Glad they took care of it :grin:

Give me the heads up via private email if you decide to ship. Thanks !

·
Registered
628 Posts
Heh, if it was a Les Baer, one wonders if you would have gotten a new frame :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news on the Kimber, GRacer. I have really had no problems with the K.eclipse, but I am still wary of Kimber's quality. That they most willingly fix it right the second time does not provide the warm feeling of reliability I would want for a defensive carry weapon.

The MIM parts looked like they came right off those plastic trees on a Matel model with very little added cleanup. The sear-trigger surfaces had a nice finish, but my added polishing in other areas made this gun shoot much better.

The slidelock now even pushes in without a pry tool ( after a few frame scratches from the learning curve )!!

At least this gun is a good educational tool for me: as I don't really trust the workmanship, Kimber is making me learn how a 1911 functions and to use that info to check it.

Regards :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SouthGun on 2001-09-02 06:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
156 Posts
On 2001-09-02 00:13, Jim Hanson wrote:
What did you expect from a Kimber, cracks are the least of the problems we have seen at our store with those dang things!!!!

Hope Dane is gonna make it right for you!!

Lord knows Kimber can't do it right!!
Man, where are you guys getting all these "problem" Kimbers. I've had 3 total and the only problem was a front sight that went dim. Many of my friends shoot and love their Kimbers. They are accurate, reliable, well made guns. The two I currently have are GREAT guns. It does seem that since Kimber upped their production the finish on the base guns could stand some improvement. My Custom Classic has some bluing wear (due in part to Kydex holsters) but my Pro Elite carry gun is perfect all the way around! Every firearms company is capable of turning out a lemon from time to time.From the above post, it sounds like Kimber makes it right when this happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kimber does stand behind their products.
I only wish they would put as much effort into the "presale" as they do in the "post sale".
I've owned three to date and two had to be sent back to the factory for functioning issues, and one Dane took care of.
Great value for the $$, but all of mine had to be tweaked in one form or another.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually bought the Kimber used from a private party and did not inspect it with a fine tooth comb and saw the crack during field stripping after I had already picked it up. That's why I was very happy with Kimber replacing the frame ASAP even though I sent the gun without a sales receipt copy. I contacted the individual I bought it from and he said it was less than a year old and only 500rds fired through it. That is exactly what I told Kimber in the accompanying letter. I'm glad they took care of the problem right away without all the red tape. It did cost me $37 to ship it, but that is payment for my mistake in not inspecting the gun properly. My only complaint is when my Kimber sent it back, it was swimming in oil!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Glock_Racer on 2001-09-09 23:38 ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.