Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this non enhanced Delta last fall.It's not quite finished yet but I wanted to post some pics anyhow.:smile:

List of mods:
EB grip safety
EB Hammer
EB barrel and bushing
EB MS 30lpi MS housing
Videcki trigger
Grips ??
C&S sear and disconnector
Ejection port lowered and flaired
Front strap cut higher and recontoured
Smoothed the edges and removed tooling marks
polished breech face and extractor

It spent over 2 months at a shop for sight install and hot blue.I was told it would be 4 weeks.When he said he was still waiting for the sights at week 9 I took it home with me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Did I mention I love 10mm's. That looks like a great shooter.All good mods. What kind of sight are you going to put on? I went with the Wilson raer sight on mine and kept the original sight in case I want to return to the original.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on using Slant Pros.I put some on another pistol I built and I really like the sight picture they provide.

I kind of lost interest in finishing it after it was away for 2 months.The gunsmith that had it could teach classes on how not to run a business.But that's another story.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Very "Clean" & tastefull. Assume EB Thumb also?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
WOW!!! That is one nice-looking blue job! (don't say that 3 times fast :grin: ). Almost makes me regret getting stainless...

By the way, if you want to order Delta medallions to put in your grips you can order new ones here:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/webcontents/colt.htm

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice pistol. Ive been looking for a pre-enhanced Delta myself. Nothing beats the look of a well worn blue job IMHO. Have you done anything else to the pistol since your last post? How does that Brown barrel shoot? I have one in 45acp and its tack driver.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
E,I really have'nt had enough trigger time with it to give an accuracy report on the barrel.I did test fire it,my initial impressions were very positive.

Presently,my gun is at Rogers Precision.I asked Chuck to check it over and list recomendations,it is also getting a set of Slant Pro sights.After he fixes some of my faux paus and massages it for reliability it will get a matte blue.

So at this time,I patiently await the Deltas homecoming.Yes,a party at the range is being planned;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Will this work? I am at the same point with mine. I am going to install new sights and then figure out how to finish it. I love the polished blue but like the protection of chrome. Maybe I'll do the Combat Elite look and just chrome the frame, a set of Slant-Pros, and a high polish sides and matte blue rounds on the slide.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for the lead on repairing my front sight F.U. Your pistol looks pretty much like my Colt that is in need of repair. I went with the old style Heine's,Brown beavertail,Brown thumb safety,Brown barrel,etc. My frontstrap is serrated and I'm trying to justify in my wife's mind,why I need EGW to install 30lpi front strap plate. I saw a picture of one of the members pistol that he did this surgeory to and it looked awesome.I to will probably go with a hard chrome job on the frame and polished blue slide. Thanks for the pic. If I had the capability I would do the same.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
E,I picked up the gun Friday evening.I have'nt had a chance to take pics yet.As a matter of fact I have'nt found time to shoot it yet.I will say that I am pleased with Chucks'work and the service.Pics to come this week.

I may start a new thread in the 10mm forum or custom forum.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.