Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Scoremaster I bought in 1984 I believe. It had the worst beavertail I have ever seen, but it was easily replaced. It came with Bo-mars, a short adjustable trigger, ambi safeties and wrap around Pachmeyer grips. It was the first 5" I saw with a bull barrel. We called it a "cone" barrel then.

Man is it reliable and accurate.

Here's a photo from the original brochure:

Here's how it appears today with a Wilson Beavertail, strong-side thumb safety, McCormick EDM hammer and sear, 20 lpi checkering, an S&A magwell and Rosewood "ranger style" stocks. Trigger pull at the moment is 4-1/2 lbs. With a different leaf spring installed it's a safe 2-1/2 lbs.

I have never had a failure to feed or fire with LSWC's, FMJ's, HydraShok or Gold Dots.
It's not as pretty as some full customs I've had but it is a shooter. Holes magically appear where I aim it. Killed several Copperheads with it in the old days. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-09-06 10:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You're a lucky one;)

...after I got my first Detonics(blue MKV) I looked everywhere for one of those. I'm definitely jealous...Funny how the good ones stay in one place, idn'it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can anyone tell me what a Detonics Combat Master is and what they are worth? I may have the opportunity to pick one up, but I am not familiar with DT at all. Are they still in production?

Thanks,

77Bronc

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A Detonics Combat Master is a chopped .45 with a bull barrel. I can't give specific overall length and grip dimension but it's smaller than a Colt Officers Model, has a six round magazine (doesn't run well on non-Detonic 7-round, 8-round mags without tweaking. The slide cycles very quickly.

Mine was reliable and accurate. Sold it because it was too heavy compared to other options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.