Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: MY SIDE IS OUT OF SPECIFICATION ON THE LOCATION not depth OF THE DISCONNECTO SLOT!!!

DANE'S PARTS ARE as CLOSE TO PERFECT AS I CAN MEASURE .... read my posts carefully ....

I'm doing an BCP ignition system on my commander and new disconnector works fine untill I put the slide on the frame. It doesn't enter the slide radius. Factory part works fine with new hammer & sear, just needs a good polish. (it's those .001 inches :roll: )

The measurements are withing drawing specifications with the only difference being the origional disconnector is .004 inch smaller on the top than custom disconnector.

Question.... stone the custom to dimension or use in another frame ... effect on trigger pull .... vs stock ....

Mike

(Edit): Smaller at the top in DIAMETER ...for the factory disconnector...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randall_1611 on 2001-10-17 19:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't think you wnat to stone the disconnector. You might see about getting a disconnector scraper (brownells has them) to slightly increase the radius of the area on the slide that the disconnector goes into.

I wonder why your new parts didn't just drop in. Dane?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The slide cut out is just fine on depth and length, and width, have not checked on it being at the right location from side to side. Will try a marker or dye check on the side as there is no mark on the depth and that is at blue print dimensions.

The new disconnector is at the blue print specification (.155")in diameter and probably catching on the edge of the slide cut out. Only the diameter is different between the two parts with the factory running smaller by .004" at .151". The length is fine!

Mike

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
"I wonder why your new parts didn't just drop in."

Hi Mike :wink:

The parts are built to spec. If they don't drop in a gun, the gun is out of spec. If the frame disconnector hole is too small no big deal to radius the disconnector head. Done that a number of times to the CMC/Kimber disconnector to get it through the frame hole. If the disconnctor notch in the slide is too small and hanging up the disconnector...like everyone else suggested....scraper is the answer.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I measured the disconnectors this evening.My stock one was just a little longer in over all length. I marked the disconnector slot in the slide and put frame togeather with custom one. On the safety side (left or port) the very top inside edge of the slot had the dye removed right at the edge for the lenght of the slot. I must roll the slide to see the bright metal so only lack a few .001 of clearance.

The ORIGIONAL disconnector was beveled on the SAFETY SIDE and it is .004" smaller in DIAMETER too! I really don't want to modify this .38 Super nickeled commander slide and would be hard to scrap the side and the depth is OK as stock disconnector is LONGER. The disconnector is the LESS EXPENSIVE PART! :smile:

Releive the safety side of the disconnector for the clearance (at the top of course)? :roll: Mike

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just checked my Marvel Top end on the commander frame and disconnector and rest of the ignitions system works ... JUST GREAT ... now to get the .38 Super top working ... :smile: Mike

NOTE: DANE'S PARTS ARE as PERFECT AS I CAN MEASURE .... Read the posts carefully as I was talking about the COLT FACTORY PARTS being a little small in diameter ....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randall_1611 on 2001-10-17 19:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Hey Mike, that is what they make grinders for...just wack off the side of the disconnector....it won't hurt anything :grin:

I use a grinder and big files and when I really have problems a bigger hammer....this aint rocket science you know!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.