Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where I could purchase smooth plain slim tech grip stocks similar to what the Baer TRS has but without the psuedo checkering and no logos?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
720 Posts
Would this help?

http://www.woodgrips.com/1911_ultra_thin.htm

Scroll down and find the smooth. I have a pair of the "Ranger" style which are half smooth and half checkered. I like the feel.

My hand encounters the smooth part when indexing my hand on the gun and then the checkering when completing the grip. Makes for fast, yet secure presentation from the holster IMHO. :smile:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wilson Combat makes smooth slim grips.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, but Woodgrips's is the place to go... I particularly like their "ranger"... The Kim Ahrends copy... Looking at some of the pics, the choice of wood, color and grain appear awesome...

For a carry gun, IMHO, they are perfect, and with the wave, you have a non-abrasive, Hi-Tractions surface to handle the pistol with.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Real qick, you might cnosider MadDog Gungrips... While they aren't considered "narrow", the profile actually meets, or surpasses that of the "Narrow Gendra"

The safety aspect of the hi-Strength, and Chemical resistance also makes it worthwilde to consider... Talk to Kevin (Rabid Dog), or Steve Morrison, the resident "Gun Plumber" who can buils a better gun blindfolded and both hands tide behind him than I can...

Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.