Pistol Smith Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
G

·
On 2001-06-26 19:50, Bruce wrote:
David...yes! Please post a pic, or, just let me know how much.
Well Bruce,
I needed to photo and scan it, to communicate my changes to Lou so here is a pic of the best N frame holster money can buy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-07 23:25 ]</font>

· Registered
53 Posts
primary-Wilson CQB loaded with 230gr Hydra Shok

secondary-Taurus Ultralite snub loaded with Fed or Win 158gr lead hp +p

third-Sigma .380 with hydra shok

long gun-Wilson M4 in vehicle loaded with 62gr jhp

G

·
Evan,
Welcome and how do you find the Sigma and the Taurus ultralight?

Have you had any reliability problems?

Also, have you had the oppurtunity to use or test the Taurus titanium .41 magnum model?

· Registered
53 Posts
I know many people have had problems with Sigma's but this one has been fine and feeds everything.

The Taurus was bought on a trip to buy a Smith snub. The Taurus was superior in all areas and was singificntly cheaper.

· Registered
53 Posts
the fit, finsih, trigger pull and lockup. Mine has a dull nickel (?) finish and an alloy frame. Recoil with +p 158gr lead hp's is brisk but managible. Nyclad 125gr standard pressure hp's are like shooting wadcutters. It rides in a right-handed iwb (I'm left-handed) and the primary gun-Wilson CQB rides of my left hip. The Sigma rides in a ankle holster.

evan

· Registered
53 Posts
Well, I started being published in 1974, so I don't know who's copying who. I certainly must have stole it from some one.

G

·
Buzz,
Come on now, let's not start a new "gunwriters" thread. :roll:

All joking aside, I happen to like Evan's work.

Were it not for Evan's pioneering work and the original class of "real" guys in the eighties I would probably have been carrying some riduculously lame pistol as my CCW piece.

I know Evan is well known for his ammo evaluations and stopping power books, but he has also written a lot of really good articles on CCW, tactics and defensive firearms.

Guys,
I am glad to see Evan and the other gun writers here and would like to see his participation continue. :wink:

· Registered
53 Posts
one shoudl not get too anxious to listen to some one just because they been published. some of the absolutely best research and posts have been done by people who currently are not writers, but should be.

Here at Fort Polk for three weeks involved a joint exercise involving our agency, state police, mp's, and US Army SRT and SF troops.
evan

· Registered
384 Posts
David, I am the last person who would start a gun writer thread, mainly because I don't know any of them. But when I saw the phrase "brisk but manageable" I couldn't help myself. I've always thought that should be translated as "it kicked like a bay mule but I don't want to admit it." :wink:

As I said before, Evan, welcome aboard. Personally, I was thrilled to see that you were here. This is the forum I turn to most for real world information on my favorite subject, and look forward to learning much from you, and all the others who are much wiser and more experienced than I.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzz_knox on 2001-07-19 16:32 ]</font>

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.