Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to check out their web site.

Let me state for the record that I **HATE** all FLASH web sites. Grungy stupid annimation, slooooww to navigate, can't download bitmaps, etc.

Anyway, I perserved as long as possible but didn't find any. Am I missing something obvious or are all Springrield .40 1911s compact or sub compact?

I am contemplating a cutstom 10mm build out by a well known smith and was wondering what the best gun to start with would be. I know he works on Springfields and Colts a lot but neither seems to have a .40 that could serve as a base.

Any idea why many custom builders seem to prefer Springfield and Colt to Kimber?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Parts are in spce to begin with and don't have to be altered to work consistantly with aftermarket pieces. Wait a bit and let Bill Caldwell jump in and hit you in the forehead with his two cents about certain makes of firearms.

BTW, you might see if your smith will work with STI or SVI parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I shall continue to wait for enlightenment! Seriously though I had a conversation on this topic with the builder and his comments were similar to yours.

He suggested a Caspian frame as the best place to start, unless I had a Delta Elite lying around, which I do not.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Caspian is top notch stuff, and I'm remiss for not suggesting it. In fact, Wild Bill is currently putting together a Caspian for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts