Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, dose anyone know what the average or prefered trigger pull is on a double action revolver???????

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Depends on the brand, and whether you mean double action pull or single action.

As an example, the Colt medium frame guns like the Official Police and Python have the following:

Double action, maximum pull....12 pounds.
Single action, maximum pull.....4.5 pounds, mimimum....2.5 pounds.

This is probably close to the range for most modern double action revolvers.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think preference is subjective, but I believe most of us agree with Dfariswheel.

I prefer a DAO either side of 9:cool:, but I guess this aint a perfect world we live in.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
What's the reason, Gunny23, (or Bill if you know) ? ? I'm just curious. I did not suspect trolling, as evidenced by my honest response to your query regarding the trigger weight on the 1911. I know squat about Glocks, so I didn't answer that question. I defer to dfariswheel's superior knowledge with regard to this revolver question, so I won't bother to reply to this one......

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah, Gunny23. How 'bout it already? We're in the dark here. Can we get a little background on what you're doing? Some super-secret-squirrel tactical wheelgun project? Let's hear it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Colt DA .41

I have gotten a Colt DA 41 from my father. Apparently it was his fathers. It shows wear, i.e. blueing is thin in areas, but it is all original. A number of years ago, we shot it a bit, but we have not done anything in the last 20 years or so. Ser# 224 380, several components with a 462 stamped on it. Most recent patent date on it is "Mar 5 95". It no longer will fire in DA. I took the handle off and one (the shorter) flat spring is broken. Other than that, it appears to be in good condition. I am curious if these can be fixed by a regular gun smith or does it need to go some place special. Also, what would be the going value of a gun like this? Where do I go for info on that?

I can send pictures of it fairly easily. I just couldn't figure out how to attach it here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts