Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
You can get eh Caspian direct from them to your FFL, also the STI and the SV can be had from the factories too. For other sources, try Chuck Bradley at Shooters Connection, Cheryl Leck at Lecks Guns or Rene at Speed Shooters...All of them have websites too. Not sure on who the best is for Para products.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry. My question was a little too general.

I am looking frames that are larger (wider, hicap) than the Caspian and don't cost as much as the STI or SV. I would be building them from the ground up.

Is there a quality source for something along the Para frame? Springfield?

·
Registered
555 Posts
As far as I know the Springfield HiCap frame is not available as a frame only option..I am not sure of a specific source of Para frames, but they do list dealers on their website. You can find STI frames for about $300 to $325. which is pretty avg. going price. What price range are you looking for???I have heard there is some knockoff of the STI/SV that is finding its way into the US..I think its called an SPS, it is supposed to pretty inexpensive. Ayway, I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am looking frames that are larger (wider, hicap) than the Caspian and don't cost as much as the STI or SV. I would be building them from the ground up.
The cost of completing a frame other than an STI/SV is significantly higher when you start figuring in the extras like grips, mainspring housing, trigger, serrations or checkering, etc. that are included with the STI and SV frames. All you really need to do to an STI/SV frame is blue it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The other is the Springfield, which is basically like the bul and the para. Unfortunately it is only available as a complete gun right now.

Another is the SPS..which is a european copy of the STI/SV. I have heard there are a few showing up in the US

oh forgot..Kimber and Wilson make a hicap too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eerw on 2001-10-25 23:55 ]</font>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.