Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone was at the Winter National they saw King Doug shoot the match in ESP Sharpshooter class. How does a world class master enter as a sharpshooter. Even if my gun fell apart at the classifier I would reshoot to get a true classification.

How would you feel if you went to the Nationals as a ESP Sharpshooter and had to go up against Doug.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I didn't know that Koenig even shot IDPA. That's news to me. Interesting thou.....

·
Registered
530 Posts
I doubt there is any ill-intention meant. Doug is a first class guy and he works very hard to be the shooter he is. There is little to be gained monetarily or fame whys in IDPA unless you win the whole thing when you shoot at his level. Can you imagine a sponsor being impressed with Doug winning sharpshooter class. Not likely. Most likely he shot the classifier on an off day and he will soon be a master. Actually I would love to shoot with him given the opportunity. Too much to learn to get all worked up about who is shooting in what class. Besides its not a game right :smile:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Koenig didn't win the match. He did win ESP - Sharpshooter.
Several Master shooters like Larry Vickers, Rob Leatham, Scott Warren, Ernie Langdon, Todd Jarrett, David Sevigny and Tom Yost had better scores than Koenig.
From what I heard Koenig registered and was asked by the lady in charge of registration what his classification was. He told her that he was a Sharpshooter, and she didn't know who he was.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
His score was good enough to come in 3rd in the Master class and it beat the top expert by 20 points. Not bad for a Sharpshooter.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ok, he was high Sharpshooter in a class of 16.
Did he present his card to be reclassified to Expert or did the MD track him down to give him his punch? That's the rule.
He's a good shooter, he'll probably move up to Master the next match.

G

·
>He's a good shooter, he'll probably move up to Master the next >match.

1 Ipsc world champion
5 time bianci cup champion throw in some shoot offs too.
throw in a world title too.
8 times masters champion. last one by, over 30%
throw in some action event wins too.
6 time sportsman team challenge champion
2 time steel challenge champion.

yes you could say he is a good shooter. :smile:
geo ><>

·
Registered
798 Posts
That brings up one of the many great things about the shooting sports. I can only watch Tiger Woods on TV (or would if I cared about golf - waste of real estate that would make a perfectly good range) but I can enter the IDPA, NRA, ATA, etc., etc. championships and get personally beaten by the best in the world. Really gives you a yardstick to go by.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.