Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard anything about this new production 1911?

http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdet ... &CATID=493

Looks like a basic mil-spec gun that would be a good base gun for customizing if the quality is good. The thing I find most appealing is that it does not appear to have any of the annoying and unnecessary "safeties" found on current production Colts, Springfields, and Kimbers.

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Based on the price alone, I think I'd be more inclined to go with a SA Mil-Spec. The SA slide AND receiver are forged not investment cast as is the one you showed a link to.

I wouldn't worry about the ILS mainspring housing that SA sells on their guns now. It is easily removed for not a lot of dough.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I owned a DPMS/Panther AR for a year or so. It was of high quality and shot well. It was of higher quality throughout than both the Colt (which I currently have) and the Bushmaster that I looked at. It was forged BTW. I have not seen the DPMS 1911, or seen its price, but if thier ARs are any measure it should be a very functional and solid piece. Whether or not they will compete with SA and Colt 1991s or Daly's, AOs, and Llamas will remain to be seen I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.