Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
In Glock Armorer's school I was told that technically Glock doesn't make "drop free" magazines. They did change to a fully metal lined magazine a few years ago which sometimes drops freely and has been referred to that way.
I believe you will find that since the G30 was introduced, all the G30 magazines have been fully metal lined (hence the so called drop free design).
If somebody knows of a non-fully metal lined G30 magazine I'd be interested to hear about it - just for my own information.

Ambuscade
Arizona CCW/Renewal Classes and Selfdefense Training
[email protected]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dave T on 2001-07-05 17:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can't really trust any magazine to be absoutely "drop free". I used a Sig P220 one time to qualify for firearms trainer certification and then took it to several classes and literally shot thousands of rounds through the gun and 7 extra mags I had for it. After a while the seam on the back of several of the mags started to spread. They were the toughest magazines I've ever had to manually remove from a gun. Also had Colt magazines do the same. Of course I realize the answer here is to buy more mags, but just pointing out that Glock is not the only mag to not drop free all of the time. And even the "drop free" do not always drop free. Training here is the key. Frank Dinuzzo of Glock still recommends "ripping" the magazine out of the well.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
On 2001-07-11 07:53, col132 wrote:
Frank Dinuzzo of Glock still recommends "ripping" the magazine out of the well.
Nope (IMHO). Time is better spent reaching for a full mag with your weak hand, instead of yanking on an empty one. You definitely want a mag that falls free under its own weight. If it doesn't - fix the mag or fix the gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.