Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the mainspring housing on my Compact.
Is there a drop-in for this?
I understand Kimber is not original Browning specs, but who's MSH can Joe Blow install himself?

(I eventually will replace all MIM, so any guidance is much appreciated!)
Thank you!
Taylor

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'd be interested to hear some expert opinions on this one as well. I purchased a stainless Ed Brown 30 LPI MSH to replace the plastic part in my Stainless Covert, and the Ed Brown part was too long to fit. It still sits in my box of "stuff" waiting for a home.

I figure I'll just wait until I can send the gun to Dane and have the job done right rather than trying to file it down myself.

-Tim

·
Registered
580 Posts
Put an S&A one-piece well & MSH on the Kimber Compact I have. Some fitting was required but they make it slightly oversized.
Am sure the crummy plastic MSH Kimber uses{d} didn't cause Kimber to bother too much with precise fact. tolerances.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-10-28 00:47 ]</font>

·
Registered
378 Posts
On 2001-10-27 04:39, youngun wrote:
I need to replace the mainspring housing on my Compact.
Is there a drop-in for this?
I understand Kimber is not original Browning specs, but who's MSH can Joe Blow install himself?

(I eventually will replace all MIM, so any guidance is much appreciated!)
Thank you!
Taylor
I assume you're just replacing it for aesthetics?
It should accept any mainspring housing for an OFFICERS model.
Other MIM parts that you will probably replace;
slide-lock= just about anyone's is fine, probably Wilson Bullet Proof or Ed Brown Hardcore.
hammer, sear, disconnector= one of the drop in trigger sets would probably be best. Dane Burns, Cylinder & Slide or Actions By T each have one.
firing pin, firing pin stop= wilson bullet proof or Ed Brown hardcore again I would think.

Safety depends more on what you'd like to get.

I'm assuming you're not worried about the MIM grip safety, magazine release etc.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"I assume you're just replacing it for aesthetics?"

Nope, I wish.
I deformed it trying to press the hammer strut in wrong.
Still works/looks fine, but it has to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.