Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
From what I've seen and heard, the quality of DSA is top-notch. A DSA is on my list of things to buy. I would put quality for DSA over HK. With HK, you are paying for the name (and probably pre-ban status), not necessarily quality. I have a Springfield M1A, and love that. Quality is superb. However, with the DSA, you can have 20-rd mags for less than $10 per. Check out http://www.fnfal.com/falfiles/ for more info on FN-FAL type stuff.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The problem with HK91's is that they're pre-ban. There are some decent clones (the SW-3) but wide forearms aren't as easy to come by any more. American part's are also easier to come by for the FAL's.

Mags are down for HK's now too, so that's not an issue.

I prefer the HK91 myself, but the FAL is more tinkerable (though, reliable out of box, tinkering is half the fun :smile:

I don't like the M1a much myself, it's too thick, too unwieldy. The nod for accuracy usually goes to the M1a, but for that price, I can get a great bolt gun.

Also, teh Armalite AR-10. Very nice, doesn't get hot (the HK is hottest, the FAL behind that, haven't shot the M1a) but mag's are expensive.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hello. I shot a buddie's carbine version of the FAL w/stainless "match" bbl. It would group well with Federal Match 168 gr HP factory rounds, about an inch. My full-sized FAL doesn't group with anything heavier than 150 gr bullets so the twist must be a bit faster.

No malfunctions and a very nice out-of-the-box trigger, too.

I like 'em.

Best.

G

·
Anyone have experience with a SA58 lightweight, I have been contemplating adding one to my collection and have not had the oppurtunity/availability to test fire one yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.