Pistol Smith Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
SIG is a great weapon. My only gripes are that the armorers school should be extended a bit. To fully understand the SIG Pro and the classic line would take a non-seasoned armorer more like 4 days. If you threw in the P230, you would probably need a full week to teach a new person who has little experience in gun design/repair issues. I wish some of these factories would make more advanced tools known. To properly install a solid firing pin retention pin in a P229, you need a Steiner Arbor Press with a 3mm cup tip. I don't like pounding pins in with a mallet. It flexes the pins and makes for sloppy work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HeiloMan on 2001-10-04 06:17 ]</font>

· Registered
226 Posts
All individual officers are responsible for the care of their weapons. Handguns are inspected before and after each quarterly qual. Long guns are inspected by range staff 1x annually and quarterly by shift supervisors. Every weapon is detail stripped annually by the armorer (ME) inspected, cleaned and reassembled. Any problems are corrected. Any unauthorized mods are documented and placed in officer's file. And no I don't do barrels.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.