Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend, at the SAXET Gun Show in Austin. Allan Yoast was showing the NEW Ed Brown 1911, called the "KOBRA." It a "Two-Tone" with "Scales" in place of Checkering and Slide Serations. The price was NOT set at this time, but should be close to that of a Wilson CQB or a Baer TRS.

Hopefuly Allan will post some photos and more details of this VERY NICE and More Affordable Ed Brown 1911.

eMail:[email:1ygyqzyc][email protected][/email:1ygyqzyc]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frank Sottile on 2001-07-23 16:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
934 Posts
Looks great. I've been wanting to try the snake scales. If Brown prices it reasonably, I'd try to find a way to get one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks all. Alan and I got the first two of the guns.

First, Read the post on the virus. Check it out as you may get it and do not know it.

Expect the flash to bang time to be about 60 to 90 days until orders build and then as usual longer.

I believe, Alan and I may, I repeat may, have a couple more due in before then as we ordered a little sooner than you may.

The front cocking serration's are optional.

I hope this helps guys

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Peter Loron on 2001-07-23 15:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
274 Posts
Shay, I was thinking the same thing. Looks familiar.

I like the looks of the frame, but prefer traditional slide serrations.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Who does this snake skin treatment for 1911s?What does it cost?I dont care for it on the slide,but looks great on front strap and mainspring housing!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isaidme on 2001-07-23 19:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gonzo,

You are correct and it certainly was not new when Smith and Wesson used the pattern that Mark Krrebs seems to have come out with. The American Handgunner with the the Krebs gun in it was out about 4 or 5 years ago. Long before Smith ever dreamed of their 945. It may be that Krebs was not the first and got the idea from somewhere else but that is the first I had ever seen anything like it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't know how long Mr. Krebs has been using that pattern, but it does predate him. I believe he got the idea from a Snake. :grin: Well, it was supposed to be funny.

I think I would like this pattern a little better if it were reversed with the 'rounds' being the gripping surface rather than the 'points'. Actually, that would be truer to the 'scale' idea and possibly less wearing on hands and clothing. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you own this pattern and it serves you well then more power to you. I speak only for myself now and not anyone else... Pass, don't like it, didn't like it 5 years ago and still don't like it now. True, it is different, but I still don't think it is good. I'll take the "Wave, serrations or 30 lpi checkering, or even stippling, but not this. To me this is actively ugly. No offense intended.

Good shooting, Jake

·
Registered
169 Posts
I agree with isaidme. Looks good on the front and backstrap but not quite right on the slide. Funny, but it looks good on my 945 slides (to me).

I would suggest raking the pattern (inclining it to match the angle of the grip. I think that it would look better on the slide that way. I would lose the ones at the front of the slide altogether. Maybe also a larger scale pattern on the slide?

Overall I like it. I would even consider one with the scales on the front/backstrap and serrations on the slide.

Jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JiminCA on 2001-07-23 23:39 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.