Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would show a pic of the new EGW Tactical carry 9x23 built by George Smith.

Here are some of the specs:

Caspian slide and frame (with removal of machine marks)
EGW plug *no full length guide rod
Novak fixed rear and front
25 lpi checkered front strap bordered at the bottom(for smooth inside the coat carry)
full mag bevel and blend with EGW 25lpi flat mainspring housing
new EGW logo without the comp on the R side
EGW custom beavertail w pad
4# carry action with EGW medium alloy trigger
fully ramped and supported 9x23 match barrel with EGW big melt bushing (fully polished and throated)
full carry melt package (a little more than usual but all lines are preserved and is very tateful)
thinned down single sided EGW "carry" safety
all pins are staked for reliablility including the hammer pin
lowered and fluted ejection port
super fitted firing pin (.0725)
EGW tool steel hammer and sear
EGW slide stop, and firing pin stop

FWIW,
Walt Rauch tested this gun and said it shoots 1" at 25 yd and ran it 300rds 100% without incident.

If you like it George can be reached @

Evolution Guns Works
4050 B-8 Skyron Drive
Doylestown, PA 18901
Phone: (215) 348-9892
Fax: (215) 348-1056
Email: [email protected]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-11-02 03:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
555 Posts
Th flat trigger is pretty cool..you get a consistent pull from wherever your finger gets placed on the trigger face...

I'm sure George would put whatever you want in...as he is just that way...

·
Registered
500 Posts
My shooting partner is supposed to get his back from george this weekend. It's a 70 series 9mm Combat Commander that george did some extensive work to. He fitted it with Bar-Sto 9mm barrel and Bar-Sto 9x23 barrel,Flat topped the slide and put tritium sights and a bunch of other stuff. I see if I can't get a picture next week.
David is that yours or one George has for sale.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually the 9x23 is not mine (yet).
It is so clean I had to share with you guys as soon as I saw it.

I do not know how long the wait is but for about $2k on your frame it is very reasonable, almost isn't fair now is it?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Aside from putting a more... ahem... "conventional" trigger pad on it that is one hell of a fine looking pistol.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That is a good looking gun...I have a couple of guns that George did for me and so far they have been flawless.

George has a great track record in the competition circles...His guns win..I would not hesitate to carry one of Georges guns. In fact I do..

·
Registered
934 Posts
Incredible! When I can finally afford to get a 9x23, I'd sure like it like that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I stopped by EGW last week when I was back in PA, and handled this exact pistol. Very nicely done, and typical of the work you can expect from EGW. George was nice enough to show me around and answer some of my 9x23 and Caspian questions. I got to handle a titanium Caspian frame also. I would like to have a titanium frame 1911 built. Ken

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.