Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told yesterday by a friend who had just returned from the Glock Armorers school that Glock is ending its production of the 10mm.

If true, then it explains why it is raining here today.

G

·
Alright,
I'm already starting my letter to Glock.
Dear Gaston,
I sincerely hope this is not true.
To say this would be a travesty is an understatement.......

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David, as you might imagine, the reason given [or so I am told] is that the sales simply are not there. The 10mm is "being sold to hunters, and it isn't enough". I too hope the guy was wrong.

10mm, a wonderful round ruined trying to make it so everyone was comfortable shooting it.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Say it ain't so.....the 10mm is such a great round for all
around use, it just got a bad rap because the ammo was never
worked up correctly for it!! If they gun press actually gave
it a chance, like they did for the .40 short and weak, maybe
more guns would be around for it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
This rumor has been going around pretty much forever, and nobody has been able to produce evidence it is actually happening the other 1,000 times it has been posted on gun forums either... :roll:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-06-05 09:26 ]</font>

G

·
The heads up in this case appears that Glock is planning to phase out the double coulmn full size pistols and introduce the full size single column guns in .45acp and "hopefully?" 10mm during year 2002.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You know folks, a Glock 37? Single-stack 10?
That would be the ultimate pocket-rocket as
far as my money goes!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ohh!! Sally needs a smaller grip, It kicks to much, I hurt my little hand!!

It is a big gun that does the job very well and the gun rags are full of sissys that should know the FBI put the cartrige in the dirt.

The FBI is like a poster child for a lack of respect. We want a powerful gun that does xxxx, but it can't have any recoil or powder in the case. They hurt that cartridge when the insisted it be loaded down.

I love my Glock 20c and the compensated model recoils less than my .40 caliber does. I'd like to know of a round that is more versatile than the 10mm? I can't think of many...

As for Glock!! I hope they don't discontinue the 10mm. It would be a mistake in my opinion. With barrel swaps the Glock 20 can shoot 9X23 .357sig, .40SW and 10mm. If you buy a Glock 21 upper (which will fit the frame)and 21 mags, you can shoot .45, 400corbon, and .40super all from the same frame. Sounds versatile to me!!

I think Glock should make drop in barrels for the 20 in .357sig and .40SW. That way people would know how versatile it is. The aftermarket barrel makers seem to know. Most people would rather buy Glock parts though and it would be a good selling point if you ask me...

I think a lot of people are turned off by the big grips. If you have small hands it might be too big. I have a Desert Eagle and it is very large. It is a great shooter but big. If I thought the Glock was big, picking that up was a reminder of big!!

It is a shame that the 10mm is not more popular. I know the ammo costs more and has less variety. If more people used it, that would change. I think people are just put off by what happened to this round. It is too bad. Everyone I've let shoot mine loves it and they are surprised how nice it shoots.

I wonder how many people who knock this round have actually shot it? I was convinced that full loads were going to hurt, but that wasn't the case at all. It is very plesant to shoot!! I would recommend it to anyone who has shot larger bores and others should try one before they put it down.

If the FBI was less interested in a sissy load the 10mm would have been more popular and the people who have figured it out would have a lot more company!

Just my opinion as always!! Later, Jagster

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mixed messages on whether the 10MM is making a comeback or not. At the same time we keep seeing all these new super hot cartriges ( 400 Corbon, 40 Super, 45 Super, 460 Rowland, Triton's 450 SMC, 38 Casull, etc) which means that a significant amount of people want something a little "hotter" than the 45 ACP. Well, originally the 10MM was the FBI ultimate police/defense round. Then the PC (multi-gendered and etc) police depts complained that it "kicked" too much and the guns broke, etc. I can only imagine that many of these new super rounds kick as much or more than the 10MM and will possible wear down the guns quicker but that seems to be no problem now. Maybe because these new super rounds are "proprietary" they will be money makers for some companies. Also, after starting off as the ideal police round, the 10MM somehow became relagated to a "hunting" round which made it appear way too powerful for defense. For some reason it is politically incorrect to arm yourself with a defense handgun that might appear too powerful. The "One Stop Shot" crowd is still trying to convince everybody that the 9MM is more powerful and/or better for defense than the 44 Mag. A 150 or 185 grain bullet going at 1300 to 1500 FPS from one of the new super rounds is sensational but a 180 grain 44 Mag at 1600 FPS is somehow not even rated. And you don't seem to see the gun mags bending over backwards to show side by side ballistic gelatin tests or whatever of their favorite little caliber with something worthwhile like the 10MM. Oh well, I'll still keep my 10 anyway.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Think about it!

The 135 grain 10mm Auto is frequently overlooked. It is ONE MEAN MOTORSCOOTER! I'll lay you odds that the bullet weights between 135-155 grains (at full throttle) will kick some serious A$$! I really beleive that it beats a .40 S&W (at least the 135 grain loads) without even breathing hard!

Gunfan :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
But back to the topic of the post:

Has anyone been able to actually verify whether Glock intends to discontinue production of its 10mm pistols (G20/G29)? :roll:

·
Registered
215 Posts
luckyhoser said:
Well, I just got back from my second Glock armorer recert, and they made no mention of discontinuing the 10. In fact, the regional rep had a model 20 with a 6" hunting barrel for everyone to play with.
It works for me!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Although Glock has decided NOT to terminate the production of the G20, they have decided to limit its production. Glock has reduced the numbers that are rolling off the production line.

So, for every ten they used to mfg in the 90's, they only do two now.... Yes, they do have a LARGE inventory of 6 inch barrels for the good folks that enjoy hunting with this platfrom, me included. Not to scare the chosen ballistically gifted here who are big fans of the G20, just wish to enlighTEN.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.