Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a NIB enhanced 5" Colt .38 Super for $549, and a 1991 .38 Super for $639. Any suggestions as to which way to jump? Is there a quality difference between the two? Either one will eventually become the base for a 9x23mm.

·
Registered
934 Posts
If it's for a base gun why pay more? The quality of the frame and slide (most important) should be the same. Congrats on your pending purchase.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Depends. How do you feel about the series 80 safety? How do you feel about the SA grip profile? Quality wise I have to say it's a close call. Both company's gun will serve you well for a base gun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Buzz:
Does the enhanced have a beavertail grip safety, and the 1991 doesn't? Videcki trigger vs. the standard Colt plastic one? If the enhanced has these features, and you would want them on your finished gun (regardless of caliber)get the enhanced. $90 for those two items, already fitted is a bargain. HTH
Walt

·
Registered
9 Posts
On 2001-05-23 20:09, 45Colt wrote:
Buzz:
Does the enhanced have .......and you would want them on your finished gun (regardless of caliber)get the enhanced. $90 for those two items, already fitted is a bargain. HTH
Walt
I just purchaced a 1991a1 commander as a base gun but looking at the Springfield "loaded" champion (approx $39) more
I find myself wondering if I made the correct decision.

Just my 2 pennies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.