Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, this is a bit belated. No excuse, just been busy lately, but I would like to issue a warm welcome to my old friend (I mean a friend of long standing not that he is that old :smile: ), Evan Marshall.

As you probably surmise, Evan and I don't agree exactly on everything but I will tell you straight up that he is on the "short list" of people I would trust my life to. Of course I see great hope for him yet since he is packing a 1911 :smile:

Also it is a great opportunity to have Evan here to contribute his considerable personal experience in the terminal ballistics field rather than just read about what he has to say or have someone "assume" what he has to say.

So, Welcome friend Evan.

Jim H.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I appreciate the kind remarks. I'm convinced that 99% of us whether we agree or not are looking for the truth and trying to provide valid info on equipment and personal survival.

Jim and I met years ago at Second Chance and found our attendance to be a good excuse to visit and discuss relevent tactics and other survival oriented subjects. Frankly, I'm convinced that one can disagree without being disagreeable.

evan

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm convinced that 99% of us whether we agree or not are looking for the truth and trying to provide valid info on equipment and personal survival.
I think you're right, but it isn't always obvious.
Frankly, I'm convinced that one can disagree without being disagreeable.
I hope so, but that isn't always obvious either.
Welcome, it's great to have you here.

TB., NC

·
Registered
514 Posts
A few months ago I had the pleasure of lettting Evan buy me dinner when he was in town on business. Thanks again!

He was using a SIG P239 in 357SIG, but was thinking about going back to a 1911. Sounds like he did it.

So... what is it and how is it set up?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Very nice pistol. But... if ya gave me one, I would sell it and use the money to buy two more SIG P220s. I seem to have had much better luck with mine than you have, for sure better luck than any 1911s I ever had... :wink:

G

·
Then you would miss the point of the Wilson CQB.....
I should be quiet now or Evan will start calling me low speed high drag again .. :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
the only people I've ever called "high drag, low speed" I've done it to their faces. My southern Utah farm girl Mom beat politeness into me(literally)!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.