Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 1964 FN Hi Power. This pistol has the internal extractor. The the pistol double feeds every other round with all types of ammo and magazines.

I examined the extractor channel and found an area inside that is very rough. It needs to be smoothed out. The extractor was extremely difficult to remove and another extractor will not fit inside the channel at all.

How can I smooth out the inside of extractor channel? Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

· Registered
122 Posts
The tunnel being rough is not neccesarily the only cause of the malfunctions you described.

Try a small, slotted wooden dowel with sandpaper wrapped around it. Start with something in the 180-220 range and work your way to finer grades of paper.

Feel free to call me at MD Labs and I can help you over the phone. Our number is 520 772 3021

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve Morrison on 2001-06-20 00:18 ]</font>

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Mr. Morrison. I'll give it a try.
By the way, the Spec OPs P35 looks very nice.

You're right Mr. Camp. This forum is definitely full of helpful and knowledgable folks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.