Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local shop has a NIB P7M13 for $899. Is that high, fair, or what? I don't know anything about the H&K market, so I have no idea.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spackler4013 on 2001-06-06 22:38 ]</font>

G

·
A new unfired P7M13 with box, manual, cleaning tool and two magazines is worth $1100.00. If the condition is like new, the price you quoted is a fair price if it includes two magazines.
If the condition is less than 98% the gun is worth $650.00 to $700.00 with both magazines.
Add three hundred dollars to the above prices for HK factory nickel and deduct $100.00 if it is non-factory nickel.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Actually, I think I'd have to go a step further ... this strikes me as a PHENOMENAL price for a NIB M13! Keep in mind that original retail for these guns was often closer to $1300 than $1100, and most P7 proponents (myself included) considered it money well spent.

Used guns in excellent condition are now beginning to fetch these same prices, and -- as observed above -- the magazines alone are probably worth $125 to $150 each. NIB examples are getting very hard to find, and I'd consider this particular offer both a bargain and a wise investment. I can't do much better than that here in Germany, despite the strong dollar and widespread availability ... but then, these are essentially non-importable guns due to their fearsome and destructive "high capacity (13) feeding devices." :sad:

Chuck

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everybody.
I think I'll go back to that shop and check it out more closely. It's been there for a few years and the price has been slowly dropping. If I remember correctly, it was at $1150 two years ago.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked out the P7, only to find that it is a PSP. I had never looked at it closely before and somebody told me it was a P7M13. They were wrong. It is a PSP, in excellent condition, in the box with a cleaning rod and extra magazine. The thing looks new. Currently tagged at $899.
Hate that european-style mag release.

G

·
Spackler as a PSP and not a P7M13, in 98% and above condition it is worth $700.00 with the box, manual, one spare mag, and cleaning tool.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Concur.

The PSP, while still an excellent sidearm, lacks the scarcity, desireability and general appeal (at least to the American market) of the M13. I'd rate this an fair-to-poor deal, though it is by no means uncommon.

The lion's share of P7s were sold back in the (pre-USP) glory days of the 91/93/94 when HK Authorized Distributors were still relatively few and far between. As a result, most local shops have had little first-hand experience with them at retail, and they tend to overestimate their value.

Chuck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: david difabio on 2001-06-07 23:40 ]</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.