Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear alot of talk about favorite holsters, but what are your favorite magazine holders for concealed carry and/or IDPA?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ky-Tac hands down. Without any doubt in my mind. Kydex yes, but thinner and lighter than leather. Contact Joe at http://www.skdtac.com for anything from Ky-Tac.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
515 Posts
I like the Sparks #34...a double mag pouch which is basically two singles stitched back-to-back. It doesn't take as much room on the belt as most doubles and can be worn beneath the belt (but outsde the trousers) if required.

Lou Alessi's singles are great too.

I haven't yet found a kydex mag pouch that I like. I may give a single from Mike Benedict's Talon Tactical a try soon.

Rosco

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ky-Tac for IDPA, Hands Down? Yes! For CCW use Ky-Tac for Glocks and Lou's singles with his great poly clip for everything else except his double carrier for 1911 or Sig P220.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm quite fond of the Don Hume clip on style mag pouch. Easy on and off and as sturdy as a clip on can be. I also like Mitch Rosen's SOS when I want to carry a Surefire 6P as well as a spare mag.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ky-Tac gets my vote. Buy from Joe at skdtac.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 45 Shooter on 2001-05-13 20:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
34 Posts
We build one I really have grown to love . Its a single mag pouch sewn on each side and the bottom . On the back is an inverted spring clip ( a strong one to) What I like about it is you can grab the mag and pull and theres no way it can hang up on your fat, I know thats my problem . The clip allows it to pivot slightly away from the body as you draw . The clip being upside down insures that thers no way it can come loose from the belt . Plus when I put it on or off I just unhook it rather than having to thread another accessorie onto my belt . I just really like it even if it were made by someone else it would be fine its the style that makes it good .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jim,

For concealed carry, I like the G.R.S. co. horizontal magazine holder. This is the Ghost Rider Systems. I bought 2 at a gun show in Nashville. I don't think the guy will mind if I advertise for him. These holders only cost a few bucks, but are the most easy to hide that I've found. Try'em, you'll like'em. The holder is made out of heaavy-duty stretch nylon. Fits 1"-2" belts, holds all 9mm, 10mm, .40 or .45 cal. mags. I use mine with single 1911 mags, but a friend saw mine, ordered 2 for his .40 cal glock, and loves'em. Address:
:cool: G. R. S. CO.
:cool: 208 Derby CT.
:cool: Joelton, TN. 37080
:cool: 800-628-1585

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bear One on 2001-06-30 21:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
253 Posts
Fobus double mag pouch for IDPA

For CCW, Sparks IWB double or single mag pouches. They just about disappear but are still easy to access.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts