Pistol Smith Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
On 2001-05-19 22:25, Denny Church wrote:
Many of my favorites are already posted, but here is one worth mentioning:

"To crush your enemies! To see him driven before you! And to hear the lamentations of his women!"

Conan responding to the question what is best in life (Conan the Barbarian).

I think this quote was originally from Ghengis Khan. Someone else may know for sure. The Conan writers shamelessly stole it. But I never let ownership get in the way of using a great line!

Denny

· Registered
57 Posts
When I'm dead, if the only thing they can put on my headstone is "He was as good as his word", that is good enough for me. - My Grandfather (and hopefully me, someday)

I'm somewhat of a bull$hitter myself but every now and then I pause to listen to a real master. - I have no idea who

Mikey

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikey on 2001-05-20 10:00 ]</font>

· Registered
372 Posts
"Say hello to my little friend!" -Al Pacino from "Scarface"

"Never get off the boat, absolutley g**damn right" -Martin
Sheen in "Apocalypse Now"

:grin:

· Registered
24 Posts
There is a power so great, so well organized; that none who speak condemnation of it dare speak above a whipers breath.

President Woodrow Wilson

· Registered
358 Posts
When asked by a ninetenth century feminist "Who is the greatest woman that ever lived ? "
"The one that had the most kids" Napoleon Bonapart.
A Union General Chastising his troops " AH THEY COULDN'T HIT AN ELEPHANT AT THIS RAN.......

· Registered
493 Posts
"The Will to Win is Nothing, without the will to Prepare"...Keith Kerstetter

"Adventure is the result of poor preparation"... Mark Twain

"A .38 on a .45 frame"... Theodore Roosevelt describing what he was shot with to Seth Bullock.

"Fear God, and Take Your Own Part".... Theodore Roosevelt (also the title of one of his books)

"Bill was a peace-loving man... occasionally he had to kill someone to prove it"... an old friend of James Butler Hickock

"The situation is excellent... we have contact with the enemy on all sides"... Chesty Puller, Col. U.S. Marines at the Chosin Resivoir.

"Charge... they can't get away this time!" ... Col. George Armstrong Custer, 1876.

"It can be demonstrated through facts and figures that the only truly American criminal class is Congress".... Mark Twain

"The Government that has the power to give you all that you want has the power to take all you have"... The Hon. David Crockett, Congressman.

"Roses are red, violets are blue...horses that lose are made into glue"... recited to his mounts by Pat Day, who just set a record for 8001 wins. ( :smile: - just kidding I made that up but Pat did just win his 8001st race at Churchill Downs).

Onward
Jim Higginbotham

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jim Higginbotham on 2001-06-01 21:13 ]</font>

· Registered
53 Posts
"There's no conflict between Science and Religion. Science is too young to understand". unknown

"No success can compensate for failure in the home." David O. McKay

"Some people were born to be killed by the cops!" my Tac Unit Partner

"The only thing I know about stopping power, is you got to shoot them until they think they're dead."
Gunny Sgt George Truitt, USMC, rtd

"I'm not concerned about the bullet with my name on it. I worried about all the ones that say 'To whom it may concern'". my Tac Unit Partner

· Registered
821 Posts
Most of my favorites have already been listed here, but one that I came up with while watching my Father in Law trying to remember the steps in assembling a holster at my shop:

"Dad,,next year you ought to be able to hide your own Easter Basket"..:grin:

He often mumbles out loud as to why he ever allowed me to marry his daughter..
Luigi

· Registered
56 Posts
"In Germany, they first came for the communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic. Then they came for me -- and by that time there was nobody left to speak up."
-Martin Niemoller

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Burrahobbit on 2001-08-05 19:47 ]</font>

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.