Pistol Smith Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill-

"I cried, because I had no shoes. Then I met someone who had no feet.
So I took his shoes."

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

"The pain you feel in your muscles right now is temporary, it'll go away when we get done training. If you get killed by some miserable wog bastard in some third world shithole because he was better than you, that will be forever." -old squad leader of mine- Semper Fidelis..Ken M

· Registered
372 Posts
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
--Ayn Rand, in "The Nature of Government"

· Registered
45 Posts
"All things being equal, you lose"

"Don't accept the limitations of other people who claimn things are "unchangeable". If it's written in stone, bring your hammer and chisel."

"Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle." Thomas Jefferson

"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill

"Some things are true whether you believe them or not."

· Registered
271 Posts
Nuts! By Anthony McAuliff commander 101st Airborne, at the Battle of the Bulge, when asked if he wanted to surrender.

And my tag line below.

· Registered
55 Posts
“Nobody is completely worthless, he can always serve as a bad example.”
Author unknown

“The fact is that the average man’s love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth. He is not actually happy when free; he is uncomfortable, a bit alarmed, and intolerably lonely. Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty – and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.”
H.L. Mencken
February 12, 1923
Baltimore Evening Sun

“Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don’t have the balls to live in the real world.”
Mary Shafer, NASA Engineer

“But neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt. He therefore is the truest friend of the liberty of his country who tries most to promote its virtue, and who, so far as his power and influence extend, will not suffer a man to be chosen into any office of power and trust who is not a wise and virtuous man.”
Samuel Adams

“The Universe is utterly indifferent to the fact that you do not realize the consequences of your actions, you will have to deal with them just the same.”
Alan Hagan

“They say one learns from one’s mistakes. I prefer to learn from the mistakes of others.”
Otto Von Bismark

“He who has not a good memory should never take upon him the trade of lying.”
Michel Montaigne

“Even a dog distinguishes between being stumbled over and being kicked.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes

"On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions, who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest, and resting, died."
Unknown

“I cannot help fearing that men may reach a point where they look on every new theory as a danger, every innovation as a toilsome trouble, every social advance as a first step toward revolution, and that they may absolutely refuse to move at all for fear of being carried off their feet. The prospect really does frighten me that they may finally become so engrossed in a cowardly love of immediate pleasures that their interest in their own future and in that of their descendants may vanish, and that they will prefer tamely to follow the course of their destiny rather than make a sudden energetic effort necessary to set things right.”
Alexis de Tocqueville
Democracy in America

"Giving power and money to the government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"
P.J. O'Rourke

· Registered
19 Posts
The following is a little more like a poem then a quote. But I think some of you guys will enjoy it. It was written at the North Carolina Memorial on the Battlefields of Gettyburg in 1981. The author simply signed the verse as "A Modern Day Confederate Soldier".

"And to you my sons, I must say that the call to battle will come your way. You will not fight for the spoils of battle or the glory of war; but you will fight and die for the simple pride within your manly soul.

And to you my daughters, I must say that you should not be sadden that your man has gone away. Stand tall and be proud that your man had the courage to fight when he was call."

A Modern Day Confederate Soldier, 1981.

G

·
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of
arms
Thomas Jefferson

The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed
Alexander Hamilton

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of the republic; since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally enable the people to resist and triumph over them
Supreme Court
Justice Joseph
Story

Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right to keep and bear arms. It is the guarantee against arbitrary government and one more safeguard against tyranny which now seems remote in America, but which historically has always proved possible.
Hubert H Humphrey

The female of the species is more deadly than the male
Rudyard Kipling

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.