Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent article on our own Matt Lamey has me asking this question.

So.....what's your favourite folder? Favourite fixed blade? What's your everyday carry?

Matt can't vote for his own products!

Me - Benchmade 722 (folder) and Chris Reeve Shadow III (fixed). My everday carry is the BM 722, and a CKRT LE7011 Apache folder.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Benchmade 705 & Kershaw 2415, left and right pocket respectively.

As for fixed blades, I like simplicity and to me that means Ka Bar (stuck on inexpensive production stuff I guess). On the other hand, I saw a picture of one of Matt's blades on another forum last night and it was PURE simplicity AND beauty.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Accuracy Ltd on 2001-08-16 23:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
126 Posts
Favorite folder, especially in areas which prohibit concealed carry: Crawford KFF with titanium handle.

Favorite defensive fixed blade: Polkowski Mini Pug.

Folder I carry all the time: Chris Reeve Large Sebenza.

By the way. Milt Sparks is now carryng the Chris Reeve line of knives. Tony indicated to me that if there was enough interest, he would consider making a sheath/pouch for the Sebenza. If any of you are interested, please let him know.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Daily folder w/CCW: Emerson Commander.
Daily working folder: Microtech SOCOM M/A.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Microtech Halo III for carry and for an oh shit knife I have an Emerson Ti LaGriffe. Both of which have been Christmas presents from my wife. That is so cool.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
934 Posts
Favorite folder: The ones by Allen Elishewitz.

Favorite fixed blade: Any good Bowie. Always had a thing for Bowies.

·
Registered
91 Posts
While I don't own any original Dave Kaspar designed/Polkowski built blades, those would be my favorites, like Cosby above.

I have two of the CRKT inexpensive (yet very sturdy and adequate) licensed copies and enjoy them very much.

Folder - KFF- Krawford fighting folder
Fixed - Probably the 5" Pug or the Companion

EricO

·
Registered
79 Posts
For folders, a tiny little Timberlite Neeley Lock, an old BenchMade, and a nifty S&W automatic with a 1 3/4 inch drop point blade. For fixed blades, I am stuck on Randalls.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mannlicher on 2001-08-17 22:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kershaw folding field knife and a Cold Steel Master Tanto.

Both have proven almost indestructible and have stayed very sharp with little work for over 7 years. I'm very rough on knives with my job.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I carry a fixed blade everyday made my Bob Dozier (Slim Outdoorsman)

Folding knives very from the Spyderco Large Wegner or Endura to the Micrtech Sodcom.

Tim

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't have much experience with fixed blades apart from USGI bayonets -- and that's what I usually carry in the field because they can be used for anything, and easily replaced. Ever thought about opening a case of MREs or digging a hole with a Randall? I didn't think so. :grin:

My everyday folder is a Benchmade 970SBT-L -- as in left-handed. It doesn't look so hot these days, but it still gets the job done.

Chuck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.