Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an FEG Hi Power for a couple of years. I've been wanting to have it mildly customized but keep putting it off.

Question is, am I a nut-job for wanting to put twice what I paid for it into customization? It really only needs some trigger work (ok, lots of trigger work) and good sights (novaks, to match the sights on my carry gun, although the Heinie's are growing on me).

I had originally wanted a C&S safety and hammer, a good dehorn job, and a hard-chrome refinish along with the trigger and sight work, but I'm now on a "less is more" kick. Just the sights, trigger, and a matte blue refinish.

Opinions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
On 2001-05-24 15:02, Spackler4013 wrote:

Opinions?
My opinion is, if you want it and can afford it (or in today's way of doing it, if you can borrow it and pay it back) then have it done. Have you been quoted a price for having the work done? The reason I ask, is that I just had some Custom work done on my HP, done by Apex Tactical, and am going to pick it up in the morning and see what it looks like in person. He sent me pictures of it and it looks great to me. Randy Lee was a fine person to do business with. If I knew how to post the pictures he sent me I would, but I don't and well that's that. I think in the next few days or so, he's suppose to put the pics up on his web-site.

·
Registered
17 Posts
just my $.02 but I would sell the gun, buy a Browning & send it off to Kurt Wickmann. After all the work done you will still only have an FEG and not nearly the resale vale or potential marketability of an Browning. just my humble opinion, however...

G

·
Spackler, didn't I tell you that the FEG was a good pistol? If I were Spackler I would make sure the FEG had useable sights, a descent trigger, and comfortable grips. At this point I would put no more money into it. You will not get close to what you have in it out of it. Why? People want Browning and FN High-Powers. My last thought on this is I found the sights that came with my FEG to be very good. Regards, Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.