Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know anything about the value of an excellent condition Florida Highway Patrol Model 66? A coworker has one and is looking to get rid of it and I figured it should have some premium over a standard 66, but wasn't sure what might be reasonable. Also, any sources of 50th Anniversary FBI M27s and an idea what he should be paying for one? Thanks.
-RHM

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,
Thanks for your reply. I finally posted over there. I guess I should rephrase what I am most interested in: I have not seen this revolver, but everything I have read talks about nickeled 5" 19s rather than 4" 66s for the FHP, do any of you know any more about this? Has the 66 just been neglected in FHP discussions? Thanks.
-RHM

·
Registered
79 Posts
as a Florida resident with a lead foot, I try to stay as far away from anything with FHP on it as possible. :p

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I suspect the FHP Model 66 is just neglected.

The FHP 5" Colt Model 357, the Colt 5" Trooper, and the S&W 5" FHP guns get all the notice, due to the rarity of both the 5" barrel and in the case of the Model 357, the rarity of the nickel finish.

After S&W introduced the stainless Model 66, law enforcement, ESPECIALLY southern LE really bought into stainless steel.
By that time, the 5" and 6" barreled police revolver was on the way out, and 4" was King.

In other words, a FHP Model 66 is just a Model 66 with an interesting stamp.

A 5" nickel Colt Model 357 FHP is RARE.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update on this. It had one of the nicest actions of an S&W I've ever felt.
-RHM
[/url]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts